Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Android 4.3 Sony Xperia

I feel the need to report that Teamspeak 3 for android doesn't work on Android 4.3 on my Sony Xperia . My telephone works fine and after the upgrade the application stopped working. I tried reinstalling It and I made the reset on my phone with no results. I payed for this application so you should do something.

In what way does it not work? Does it fail to open, is there no sound, does it run enough to enable logging within the client that you may be able to share with the developers?

I can log in. In the moment that people speak I can't hear a thing and the application crashes me out. I have reason to think that it's a problem of the application because I have used Teamspeak 3 on Android 4.2 for months without problem. Anyway I'm just supposing that it's a problem due to the upgrade. I hope we can fix this.Thank you
    Last edited by ozzana; March 3rd, 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Do you know the version of the server[s] and the audio codec setting of the channel[s]?

The server version is 3.0.10.1. I don't know about the audio codec setting of the channel. But if you tell me where to look I'm going to search it. Thank you

Easiest to see from the desktop client. Is shown in the channel's info pane.

The audio codec should be ' opus Voice '. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozzana View Post
    I can log in. In the moment that people speak I can't hear a thing and the application crashes me out. I have reason to think that it's a problem of the application because I have used Teamspeak 3 on Android 4.2 for months without problem. Anyway I'm just supposing that it's a problem due to the upgrade.
    I would try with Settings --> In "Audio" Section enter in "Audio settings" --> and for playback select the other option (if phone then music or viceversa). Also try to reduce the "Plaback Frecuency". Maybe modifying some value here could resolve the issue.

I have done what you told me but I crashed out anyway. The only difference is that I could hear people for about 10 seconds. You are very kind to help me! So please lend me a Hand!

I have done what you told me but I crashed out anyway. The only difference is that I could hear people for about 10 seconds.
    Umm, do you have activated the "bluetooh" option in the TS3 client?. Try to deactivate it.

My list of suggestions to try:
    Yes:
    Use push-to-talk --> activated
    Hands free --> activated

No:
    Use bluetooh --> deactivated
    Proximity sensor --> deactivated
    Create log file --> deactivated

Okay. Thank you very much! I've done this but the results are the same. I haven't activated push to talk because I use ts for gaming and that is pretty uncomfortable.

Okay. Thank you very much! I've done this but the results are the same. I haven't activated push to talk because I use ts for gaming and that is pretty uncomfortable.
    Well, to use P-t-T was just for testing.

In any case, I'm afraid that in this point somebody from the TS3 Team, or other user with the same device as you, could help you better than me.

Ok.Thanks for the help anyway. I'm waiting for someone else that maybe could help me then.

We were unable to confirm any misbehavior so far.
    Please specify your exact device including model and version, as well as the exact Android version including the build number.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

My phone is a Sony Xperia C5303 Android version 4.3 build number 12.1.A.0.266

Thread Information