Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem with assigned hot key for push to talk after last two patches

Hello,

After latest 2 patches my assigned hot key for PTT (push to talk) will not work. When I first start TS3 and go to setting/options/capture and begin a self test in the PTT mode, the self test fails. I also cannot select a new hot key for the PTT key. The dialog window comes up to select a new hotkey but it takes no input other than a mouse click.

However Self test works for continous transmission and voice activated. The same conditions exist when I go to a TS3 server and try to communicate there.

To temporarily fix this I have to go to settings/options/hotkeys, select default or mouse and keyboard only (whatever is not currently selected), apply and then select capture and then the self test for PTT works and it works in a server.

However when I shut down and then reopen TS3 I'm back to the same problem and must go through that process again.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlover View Post
    Hello,

After latest 2 patches my assigned hot key for PTT (push to talk) will not work. When I first start TS3 and go to setting/options/capture and begin a self test in the PTT mode, the self test fails. I also cannot select a new hot key for the PTT key. The dialog window comes up to select a new hotkey but it takes no input other than a mouse click.

However Self test works for continous transmission and voice activated. The same conditions exist when I go to a TS3 server and try to communicate there.

To temporarily fix this I have to go to settings/options/hotkeys, select default or mouse and keyboard only (whatever is not currently selected), apply and then select capture and then the self test for PTT works and it works in a server.

However when I shut down and then reopen TS3 I'm back to the same problem and must go through that process again.
    Any solution to this i have the exactly same problem... and in the older versions i had a Direct option in the default,mouse and keyboard option scroll bar....thats gone in the last updates... =( really annoying...

Selecting Push to talk problems.

When I choose a push to talk button it only allows my mouse 1 2 3 left middle right. Nothing else I can't use any key on my keyboard and I don't know why.
    + My keyboard is a razer black widow and mouse is a naga.

I've had same problem. Work around for me is settings/options/hotkeys/select keyboard and mouse or default (whatever is not selected)/apply. Then go back to capture and you'll be able to select a key on the kb for your ptt.

I have been having this problem too. Finally decided to register and report it.

Here are some test observations made. Hopefully this might help identify the bug.
    I have two hotkeys both bound to Toggle Microphone Mute. (Pause/Break key and Mouse button 4)
    (Instead of the Pause key I have tried with Space bar with the same results)
    I have only the Default hotkey profile.
    Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse 2
    Mouse: Logitech G400s

1. Launch the client but do not connect to a server: Hotkeys work.
    2. Connect to a server: KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.
    3. Disconnect from server: KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.
    4. Go to Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys. Switch from 'Default' to 'Keyboard & Mouse Only'. Press OK. Both hotkeys now work.
    5. Connect to a server: KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.
    6. Settings/Options/Hotkeys. Switch from 'Keyboard & Mouse Only' to 'Default'. Press OK. Both hotkeys work.
    7. Go to Bookmarks -> Click on the same server that I am already connected to. (TS3 reconnects): KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.

So from the above it seems that both the 'Default' and 'Keyboard & Mouse Only' input methods work equally, but it is the act of switching from one to the other that causes the keyboard hotkey to work again.
    However, this is where it gets interesting:

1. Start client. Switch to 'Keyboard & Mouse Only'. Press OK. Close the client.
    2. Start the client again. It is still in 'Keyboard & Mouse Only' mode.
    3. Connect to a server. = KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.
    4. Switch focus to another window (So TS does not have focus) = Both hotkeys work.
    5. Click on TS to regain focus. = KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.

Tabs:
    1. Start client.
    2. Connect to a server.
    3. Switch input methods. = Both hotkeys work.
    4. Connect to another server in a new tab. = Both hotkeys work in both tabs.
    5. Disconnect from one server (Either close tab or leaving tab open) = KB doesn't work. Mouse 4 works.

Thanks in advance for looking into this!

@ Catlover and Kimbo:
    What input hardware do you both use?
    OminousPenguin showed a good example how to report a problem

These questions goes to all:
    - How many hotkey profiles do you use and are they setup in your bookmarks?
    - Can you send me a download link for your settings.db in a private message (you have to upload it somewhere else before)?

Maybe we can identify the problem somehow on that way.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks man,

@Dante696: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB keyboard. Sennheiser (non-USB) headset/microphone).
    On board sound system via the mother board. Profile in all bookmarks is default. I only use default profile.

From OminousPenguin:
    So from the above it seems that both the 'Default' and 'Keyboard & Mouse Only' input methods work equally, but it is the act of switching from one to the other that causes the keyboard hotkey to work again.

This how it works for me also but I will add that it is the act of connecting to a server, either via bookmark or typing in ip that causes the keyboard hotkey to not work and also makes it impossible to assign any kb key as a new hot key. Any mouse button can be assigned in this situation though.

Where is the settings.db located?

It's located under one of these paths on your hard drive (depends how you save your settings and/or what client you use).
    Code:
    %appdata%\TS3Client <<< it is the same path >>> C:\Users\WindowsUserNamehere\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client
    or
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config
    Already got 1 file, will share and look at it tommorow with a developer.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Found it and sent you a link via pm.

We can not reproduce the problem with several keyboards and macros at all.

edit start
    We found out, that Scroll lock won't work without a second key, when "Default" is activated".
    But the single key works fine under "Keyboard and Mouse"

This is currently nothing we can change. Our developer is searching for a solouting form Microsoft and I report back if there is any soloution.
    edit end

Can you try these steps?
    - Check that you device driver is up to date
    - Delete all hotkeys and profiles under settings > Options > Hotkeys
    - Open the Registry editor (Win + R > regedit) from Windows and check for these paths
    (only delete "Scancode Map" if available and reebot)
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Keyboard Layout\\Scancode Map
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\\Scancode Map
    Last edited by dante696; October 16th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We found out, that Scroll lock won't work without a second key, when "Default" is activated".
    But the single key works fine under "Keyboard and Mouse"
    My Scroll Lock hotkey works fine under both "Default" and "Keyboard & Mouse Only" modes. (Providing I have first switched from one to the other as described in my above post)

This is currently nothing we can change. Our developer is searching for a solouting form Microsoft and I report back if there is any soloution.
    It worked fine before... The only thing that's changed is TS being updated.
    The disappearance of the "Direct Input" option strongly suggests the code concerning this exact area of input mode has been changed.

If it really is out of your control and you're blaming MS, is that because you using a library from MS which has changed? Can't you roll back to the previous version?

Can you try these steps?
    KB driver is up to date.
    Scancode Map does not exist as either a key or a value in either of those locations or anywhere in my registry.
    Last edited by OminousPenguin; October 16th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OminousPenguin View Post
    My Scroll Lock hotkey works fine under both "Default" and "Keyboard & Mouse Only" modes. (Providing I have first switched from one to the other as described in my above post)

Ditto

It worked fine before... The only thing that's changed is TS being updated.
    The disappearance of the "Direct Input" option strongly suggests the code concerning this exact area of input mode has been changed.

Are you using a library from MS which has changed? Can't you roll back to the previous version?

Ditto. This is the most logical path to examine.

KB driver is up to date.
    Scancode Map does not exist as either a key or a value in either of those locations or anywhere in my registry.
    Ditto. Hate to be a mere copy cat but I could not make a better response than OminousPenguin.

Thank you for your feedback we still try to find any problem ;(,
    because we still can not reproduce any of these problems (from How to 1-3) with normaly keyboards and the Razer Black Widow.
    All settings from your configs seem to be fine.

@Catlover:
    You have a second hotkey profile, with invalid hotkeys. They were setup before client 3.0.7.
    Please delete the hotkey profile or reconfigure the hotkeys.

@OminousPenguin:
    Can you stop the application "Razer Synapse 2.0" for testing. It works fien here and we can also use macros for hotkeys, but maybe something is different.

@All:
    - What operation system do you both use?
    - What are your UAC settings under Windows?
    - Does Teamspeak or any other app run in Admin Mode?
    - Can you remember what Hotkey mode was set before the last 2 updates?
    - Have you both tried to completely new database (just for testing) or with deleting all hoteys before?
    - Does the Hotkey still not work when you use a normal key like "A" instead "Break / Scrolll Lock"? These keys are function keys under Windows and may cause problems.
    - Do you both use any software, that also does use or create special Macros?
    Last edited by dante696; October 18th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Thank you for your feedback we still try to find any problem ;(,
    @OminousPenguin:
    Can you stop the application "Razer Synapse 2.0" for testing. It works fien here and we can also use macros for hotkeys, but maybe something is different.
    I don't have Razer Synapse.

- What operation system do you both use?
    Windows 7 x64

- What are your UAC settings under Windows?
    UAC is on default

- Does Teamspeak or any other app run in Admin Mode?
    Doesnt make a difference either way.

- Can you remember what Hotkey mode was set before the last 2 updates?
    Nope.

- Have you both tried to completely new database (just for testing) or with deleting all hoteys before?
    Just tried. It made no difference.

- Does the Hotkey still not work when you use a normal key like "A" instead "Break / Scrolll Lock"? These keys are function keys under Windows and may cause problems.
    I thought of that and tried it with spacebar with the same result.

- Do you both use any software, that also does use or create special Macros?
    No.

Thread Information