Forum

Lightbulb Feature request: chats-per-minute - Maximum PM tabs user can open per minute

Last days i noticed some anonymous people just join my server and send PMs to all with "new server IP". I don't know about that until someone report it, they sends it only to normal users

So what i want in user permition is like limit for maximum PM tabs per minute. So if some spammer just join, he can send that message only to 2 people per minute = more time for me to react and give him permban

Better would be to check your permissions and dont allow anyone to PM anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Better would be to check your permissions and dont allow anyone to PM anyone else.
    problem is, i want to allow PM, if someone needs me, he can send me PM and i dont have time to set everyone better permitions to do that, i have like 150ppl every day online

Then you have to live with it, dont think this will be added.
    Either you allow a group a permission or you disallow it.
    Use Client permissions to differ between users.

Its like in text chats.
    If a room is moderated, only those with voice or op can write, but no limit how often.

This thread should go to the suggestions forum. I am backing it.

Then you have to live with it...
    I dont think its that hard to add this feature, but i know there is very small chance they will actually do that. Still i can try and i bet you i am not alone who have problems with these people just joining and spamming another IPs

Me is no associate nor dev from Teamspeak Systems, so cant say if they will do it or not.
    Meanwhile you can try:
    Code:
    Set "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" of Defaultgroup (i. e. Guest) to 10.
    Set "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" of Membergroup (or any other you dont want them to PM) to 10.
    Set "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" of your group to 5.
    Set "i_client_private_textmessage_power" of Defaultgroup (i. e. Guest) to 5 and check "Skip".
    That way, guests can only PM you, but no others.

Me is no associate nor dev from Teamspeak Systems, so cant say if they will do it or not.
    Meanwhile you can try:
    Code:
    Set "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" of Defaultgroup (i. e. Guest) to 10.
    Set "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" of Membergroup (or any other you dont want them to PM) to 10.
    Set "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" of your group to 5.
    Set "i_client_private_textmessage_power" of Defaultgroup (i. e. Guest) to 5 and check "Skip".
    That way, guests can only PM you, but no others.
    You're lacking the power for the member groups so they can write each other (as he wants them to).

As far as the suggestion is concerned, there is more important stuff to do and this is not going to be added.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You're lacking the power for the member groups so they can write each other (as he wants them to).

As far as the suggestion is concerned, there is more important stuff to do and this is not going to be added.
    thx, gona try it, but still i want people to be "free" on my TS so they can PM their friends. Looks like only option is to expand my banlist

Thread Information