Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Remain Visible on Subscribe ?

Hello everyone,

I have the following situation:

I host my own server for my gaming community. However inside the community, we have two smaller "micro"-communities that plays a game on different factions. A problem arises when players sees who's online @ the time to declare war to each others. The way i got to solve this, is using Subscribe power in channel group permissions to hide who's in the respective channels. However, subscribing hides every user there is in those channels, removing the possibility to some users (like the channel admins) to remain visible to others (like new users).

Q: Is it possible to "Force" a single user stay visible in a channel, regardless of the subscribing power/needed power?

/cheers

This is not possible. A client has either the power to subscribe to a certain channel or does not. Therefore all or nothing.

This might make an interesting thread in the suggestions section of the forum. I would vote for it. That way I could put a server group on and move around the server as an official admin and not worry about people not being able to find me to message me because even in private channels where nobody can see inside they could still see me. However knowing how reluctant the developers are to implement new suggestions/timing based on a backlog, it is highly unlikely something like this would be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    That way I could put a server group on and move around the server as an official admin and not worry about people not being able to find me to message me because even in private channels where nobody can see inside they could still see me.
    Why not having two users, one for the admin in his "office", always visible when available for attending the users, and other for move around the server. This is now available, no new implementation needed.

Potablava, i knew that workaround, but the need to use two clients for a function is messy as the users often don't remember to log both clients. I also agree that a feature like this would improve a lot the overall community administration like Morthawt stated.

/cheers

Thread Information