Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Clien / Server connection errors

I have had a TS3 server running for some time, had to reformat hdd , now clients are unable to connect to my TS server, modem has not been redone all ports and triggers are set but clients are still unable to connect.....is there anything else i need to try, network settings on pc maybey? I am Running windows 7 home premium, 8 gigs ram, 1tb hdd, arris modem, using wifi connectin to home modem with 50mbps, wifi getting 20mbps.

Your DHCP server (included in the router, used to assign local IPs) must have given you a different IP than before. Please find your local IP address (can be done via connection status or for purists via ipconfig /all) and adjust your forwarding rules accordingly.

TY very much for reply and I found new IP and they are still unable to connect...dbl checked and set static IP and was working for a short time, T.W.C tech had updated the modem and now again now connection for my clients...EDITED...Apparently T.W.C dose not support hosting they allow it but if issues arise on modem ot PC they do nothing to help...so I am all alone on this...any ideas from anyone would be beneficial
    Last edited by PhantomDragon; March 12th, 2014 at 12:57 AM.

Do not use static IPs if you have DHCP. It might break your internet connection. The internal IP doesn't change unless you have instable Wifi.
    This issue has absolutely nothing to do with TeamSpeak at all, so please ask your ISP or modem manufacturer.

Ok after loads of time and effort i have found that my internal ip address changes so i need to find a program that will update TS to the new ip address when ever it changes

You could try and set your computer on a static DHCP address (sometimes called "IP reservation" on some routers)... most routers can be configured to use static DHCP for some clients. So your PC will be using DHCP, but your router will always give you the same lease IP. Then it would be 100% secure that even with DHCP on the pc active you'll get the same IP.

Great thanx for the help i was able to get server up and running.

Thread Information