Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.14 released

While there are very little visible changes, there have been various changes to the core system. Most notable is the upgrade to the latest Qt version 5.2.1. We have also updated pretty much everything in our build and deployment system. For you, the users, this release may be somewhat boring as there are no new cool things to look at. If everything works as before, the test is successful.
    Overall memory usage and performance should be noticeably improved.

The plugin API has been increased to 20. All plugins which depend on the TeamSpeak Qt libraries have to be rebuilt with Qt 5.2.1.

All plugins that depend on Qt4 will need to be erased / updated, otherwise they might cause a crash
    If you installed any plugins before the update or your client doesn't start after the update, please make sure to run update.exe a second time and remove any 3rd party plugins before starting the client

Please find the complete changelog below:
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.14 14 Mar 2014
    + Updated to Qt 5.2.1. Updated compilers, runtime and third party libraries.
      This includes a multitude of changes to the TeamSpeak client to ensure
      transition from Qt 4 to 5. This is a major update under the hood.
    + Iconpacks can now be provided as a zip file. See gfx/default.zip
      Old folders gfx/default and gfx/countries will be emptied on update.
      Custom iconpacks are still supported. Icons in extracted folders take
      priority over zip archives if both exist.
      Note: Plugin authors have to provide their own icons.
    + The plugin SDK is now distributed as zip archive in pluginsdk.zip. The old
      pluginsdk folder is no longer updated, original files will be automatically
      deleted on update.
    + Added https support, so the client can now load and display remote icons from
      https pages. A https server banner will work after the next server release.
    * Distribute Windows runtime as DLLs in TeamSpeak installation root instead of
      using vcredist package. This is a temporary solution until the updater is
      able to run a downloaded vcredist package post-update if required.
    * Unused Qt 4 libraries will be deleted by the updater when the updater starts
      (so not immediately on first update, as the old updater still requires Qt 4).
    * Memory usage and overall performance optimizations.
    * Plugin API increased to 20. Plugins depending on Qt 4.8 have to be updated.
    * Plugin API: Added isDown parameter to requestHotkeyInputDialog function to
      support PTT key bindings. Note: It's in the pluginsdk.zip now!
    * Prevent client from connecting to ports > 65535.
    * Missing icons will be shown as a blue bordered icon with a number.
    * Inform users when a recording client joins or leaves your channel.
    * Permissions window allows to set b_channel_join_ignore_password for server
      groups, channel groups and clients.
    * "Install Overwolf" checkbox in Windows is now remotely controlled by Overwolf
      server. If down or not reachable, defaults to disabled.
    * Cache animated avatars/banners to lower hard disk access.
    * On Linux the system tray icon is now hidden by default due to incompatibilities
      with Qt and freedesktop tray icon standards. It can be activated in the
      options.
    * Privilege key window supports Multi-select for copy to clipboard action.
    * Improved integration with Overwolf for their latest 2014-02-03 release.
    * Moved chat format buttons from mainwindow into the chat input contextmenu.
      These actions will now add bbCode tags to the text instead of using a very
      basic WYSIWYG approach, which is too dependent on Qt CSS formatting risking
      to break on any Qt update.
    * Automatically format *bold* and _underline_ in received chat messages.
    - Fixed joystick/gamepad button count.
    - Fixed renaming profiles.
    - Fixed saving preset messages.
    - Removed "Hide in taskbar" option
    - Removed "Use double click to activate" option, tray icon activation is now
      using the platform standard behavior (double click on Windows, single click
      on other platforms)
    - Fixed an undefined file transfer status when transfer starts.
    - Fixed a possible file transfer crash when transfer starts.
    - Updated emoticons display which can now show more icons at once.
    - Fixed showing a blank main window when minimizing/maximizing the window
      quickly.
    - PTT key in capture profile is only shown from default hotkey profile.
    - Show error message on missing sound files.
    - Fixed possible crash when deleting a profile.
    - Fixed possible animated avatar freeze.
    - Fixed rare crash when increasing identity security level.
    - Fixed client name format in client banned message
    - Fixed wrong notification ID in channel created event
    Last edited by Chris; March 13th, 2014 at 04:58 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

all take care with this update! My PC immediately froze after update! Did a reboot, opened TS again and again a total freeze!

EDIT: tried to update with downloaded full version...same prob. Deinstalled TS, deleted folder, reinstalled full version 3.0.14, now it works. Seems the update didnt work right and opened a few ping.exe processes leading to a freeze.
    Last edited by lrt13305; March 13th, 2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lrt13305 View Post
    all take care with this update! My PC immediately froze after update! Did a reboot, opened TS again and again a total freeze!
    Be careful with your active plugins... the new TS3 update require plugins API20. The old plugins won't work.

Hello,

yes, take care! After this update my ts 3 client doesnt start. I click the TS3 Icon, but the client does not start. Nothing happens. Any ideas solve the problem?

greetings

The problem could be caused by an old Qt4 plugin, that loads the old Qt libraries, while Qt5 is being used by the client.

A way to solve this:
    1. Run the updater a second time. This will delete old files, that were needed for the updater (all Qt4 plugins wont run anymore).
    2. Delete 3rd party plugins from the plugins folder or rename the plugin folder.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How to make *. ts3_translation for the new version? With the old version ts3_translation to the new client 3.0.14, ts3_translation is crashing http://gyazo.com/04e9f727ef010450b62d8abdc7ee2028

Quote Originally Posted by PaCTa View Post
    How to make *. ts3_translation for the new version? With the old version ts3_translation to the new client 3.0.14, ts3_translation is crashing http://gyazo.com/04e9f727ef010450b62d8abdc7ee2028
    The file is probably being used at the time the installer tries to update it. Make sure TeamSpeak is not running.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The problem could be caused by an old Qt4 plugin, that loads the old Qt libraries, while Qt5 is being used by the client.

A way to solve this:
    1. Run the updater a second time. This will delete old files, that were needed for the updater (all Qt4 plugins wont run anymore).
    2. Delete 3rd party plugins from the plugins folder or rename the plugin folder.
    Thank You. This helped. Run the updater (in the TS3 folder) and delete the plugins (also in the TS3 folder /plugins).

- Removed "Hide in taskbar" option
    Sad to see this option being removed in this update.
    I see it as a very useful feature considering I leave Teamspeak open almost all the time up on a second monitor and I would rather not see the entry in my taskbar wasting space.
    Is there any chance of it coming back?

Also, note that some channel descriptions will break some existing BBCode if it was poorly formed or such.

dante mentions this here and to add to this I will say consider a stack approach (first in, last out) to BBCode.

Code:
    [b][color=brown]Not using neat stacked BBCode[/b][/color]
    Not using neat stacked BBCode[/color]
    [b][color=brown]neatly stacked BBCode[/color][/b]
    neatly stacked BBCode
    Note: this was "setup" to do this in web to mimic results from Client..

EDIT: While continuing to clean of the channels on the community server I found one that does seem off to me.
    Code:
    [b]a) [url=http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq][color=red]TeamSpeak FAQ[/color][/URL][/b]
    Will not save correct, on saving the client or the server is changing it to
    Code:
    [b]a) [url=http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq][color=red]TeamSpeak FAQ[/URL][/color][/b]
    So it should look like this a) TeamSpeak FAQ this instead looks like this a) TeamSpeak FAQ[/color]. When I click on preview from the channel description popout window it looks right, but after committing the changes to the channel using the OK or Apply of the channel edit window something changes the order of the closing tags and results in the visual bug.

Work around for now seems to be to save it as:
    Code:
    [b]a) [url=http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq][color=red]TeamSpeak FAQ[/URL][/b]
    Last edited by Screech; March 13th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Was it intended for the include folder in the SDK to be empty in this install?

I built ACRE against the new API version and it seems to be loading fine, but would be nice to have the official includes for this version.

*EDIT*

Just saw the little note in the change log... Might want to make that nice big red text too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The file is probably being used at the time the installer tries to update it. Make sure TeamSpeak is not running.
    I get the same error with my plugin and the files are not in use, because I can even delete them and still get this error when trying to extract the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by SpNightMare View Post
    Sad to see this option being removed in this update.
    I see it as a very useful feature considering I leave Teamspeak open almost all the time up on a second monitor and I would rather not see the entry in my taskbar wasting space.
    Is there any chance of it coming back?
    I'm with you on this one. Why remove the option at all? The more options, the better. If it's one of those cases where users were to dim to find the option, leave the Taskbar option ON by default. I'm always befuddled when i see new program versions with few features.

I'm just hoping I can roll back to the previous version and still connect to my servers.

I don't use plugins (that I know of) and I've been using TS for years and after this update I can no longer open TS. Any help? I am on Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by argh! View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Why remove the option at all? The more options, the better. If it's one of those cases where users were to dim to find the option, leave the Taskbar option ON by default. I'm always befuddled when i see new program versions with few features.

I'm just hoping I can roll back to the previous version and still connect to my servers.
    I too agree with this. I'm not upgrading until this very necessary feature is returned. I have too many icons on my taskbar as it is. I don't need or want any more if I can help it. As it is I hide unnecessary Systray icons but TS is one that I keep visible.

With this drastic a change, the version should be incremented, 3.1.xx.

Thread Information