Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The file is probably being used at the time the installer tries to update it. Make sure TeamSpeak is not running.
    File is not used, the problem of the mass after a new version.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCTa View Post
    File is not used, the problem of the mass after a new version.
    Here is a workaround until we fix this:
    Add an empty folder into your plugin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SpNightMare View Post
    Sad to see this option being removed in this update.
    I see it as a very useful feature considering I leave Teamspeak open almost all the time up on a second monitor and I would rather not see the entry in my taskbar wasting space.
    Is there any chance of it coming back?
    No there isn't

Quote Originally Posted by NouberNou View Post
    Was it intended for the include folder in the SDK to be empty in this install?

I built ACRE against the new API version and it seems to be loading fine, but would be nice to have the official includes for this version.

*EDIT*

Just saw the little note in the change log... Might want to make that nice big red text too.
    Yes, it was intended so your compiler jumps into your face telling you something is wrong, instead of you wondering why your stuff doesn't load ripping your hair out trying to find the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Veetus View Post
    I don't use plugins (that I know of) and I've been using TS for years and after this update I can no longer open TS. Any help? I am on Windows 7.
    You probably do use some then. Rename the plugins folder and run update.exe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologist View Post
    I too agree with this. I'm not upgrading until this very necessary feature is returned. I have too many icons on my taskbar as it is. I don't need or want any more if I can help it. As it is I hide unnecessary Systray icons but TS is one that I keep visible.

With this drastic a change, the version should be incremented, 3.1.xx.
    It's a minor change really and it won't come back.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

No there isn't
    If there is apparently no chance of this option coming back might we request why it was removed?
    If it won't be brought back in an official release is it possible for one of us (users) to create a plugin to bring back such a function?

It's a minor change really and it won't come back.
    Yes, while it may be a minor change, it's also a minor change that effects end users in a result of unnecessarily cluttering our taskbar.

The file is probably being used at the time the installer tries to update it. Make sure TeamSpeak is not running.
    I did not use any plugins but my TS was running while updating so that may have caused the crash.

Hi all,

I have no problems after installing the update. I am using Windows 8.1. TeamSpeak runs perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpNightMare View Post
    If there is apparently no chance of this option coming back might we request why it was removed?
    The key issue is that the client project management at TeamSpeak just... well leaves room for improvement in terms of update strategy and priorities. I'm very sorry to say this, but last year's client STABLE releases have been worse than the BETA releases of ANY other software I know.

1. When a bug is found in an existing feature and a clean fix would take some time, the feature will either be removed (because "noone is using it") or castrated. There are lots of examples for this, such as the URL Catcher wiping old URLs from the history without asking, or the removed tray icon functionality. Start fixing your existing features and improve the UI to make it actually useable for the average joe. The best example is the stupid List All Clients dialog, where you have to smash the "More" button to get the next 25 results... that thing is completely useless. The server provides enough informaton to build some nice pagination.
    2. Instead of using he News Ticker feature to inform the users about important things (i.e. "ATTENTION: Our upcoming 3.0.14 client release might cause compatibility issues with existing plugins...") the *entire* TeamSpeak userbase has to see messages like "We have received lots of job applications..." that are useful for the 0,000000001% of the users that might actually have applied for an open position.
    3. This release shows that the existing QA and BETA testingis good, but simply not enough. The process of getting access to pre-releases is waaaaay too complicated as you have to get to the forums to even know about the BETA channel and them manually edit files. With one of the next releases, TeamSpeak should add a checkbox in the client (i.e. "Participate in the TeamSpeak BETA program") with an "Are you sure? Might be unstable..." message box when clicking it. This would alow more users to get access to pre-release software in a convinient way and the devs will get more quality feedback about their work.
    4. As most of the problems are caused by third party plugins, there should be an option to start the client in some kind of safe-mode (just like Firefox), which means that no third party plugin, theme or sound pack is loaded. This would help users to identify their issues. Also, while there is an installer for plugins, users should be able to uninstall these things from the client.

On a side-note, this client release includes some good things too, like updated Qt and runtimes, SSL support (finally) and various bugfixes. Just my two cents... but I assume this post will be deleted anyway...

Teamespeak 3 doesn't minimize?

Anyone know why this was removed?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    The key issue is that the client project management at TeamSpeak just... well leaves room for improvement in terms of update strategy and priorities. I'm very sorry to say this, but last year's client STABLE releases have been worse than the BETA releases of ANY other software I know.

1. When a bug is found in an existing feature and a clean fix would take some time, the feature will either be removed (because "noone is using it") or castrated. There are lots of examples for this, such as the URL Catcher wiping old URLs from the history without asking, or the removed tray icon functionality. Start fixing your existing features and improve the UI to make it actually useable for the average joe. The best example is the stupid List All Clients dialog, where you have to smash the "More" button to get the next 25 results... that thing is completely useless. The server provides enough informaton to build some nice pagination.
    2. Instead of using he News Ticker feature to inform the users about important things (i.e. "ATTENTION: Our upcoming 3.0.14 client release might cause compatibility issues with existing plugins...") the *entire* TeamSpeak userbase has to see messages like "We have received lots of job applications..." that are useful for the 0,000000001% of the users that might actually have applied for an open position.
    3. This release shows that the existing QA and BETA testingis good, but simply not enough. The process of getting access to pre-releases is waaaaay too complicated as you have to get to the forums to even know about the BETA channel and them manually edit files. With one of the next releases, TeamSpeak should add a checkbox in the client (i.e. "Participate in the TeamSpeak BETA program") with an "Are you sure? Might be unstable..." message box when clicking it. This would alow more users to get access to pre-release software in a convinient way and the devs will get more quality feedback about their work.
    4. As most of the problems are caused by third party plugins, there should be an option to start the client in some kind of safe-mode (just like Firefox), which means that no third party plugin, theme or sound pack is loaded. This would help users to identify their issues. Also, while there is an installer for plugins, users should be able to uninstall these things from the client.

On a side-note, this client release includes some good things too, like updated Qt and runtimes, SSL support (finally) and various bugfixes. Just my two cents... but I assume this post will be deleted anyway...

I have to agree, and yes, I am sure that these posts get deleted and we get bad reputation. I know that from experience, because the Teamspeak Developers have shown more than once that they don't like any negative critiscism. Seems that things that people have to be able to endure in real life, they can't handle and only want to hear the good things. I can't say about all the things you said above, I am more less someone that uses Teamspeak, and even hosts, but not follows every little bug that happens.

I am a Teamspeak user since TS2, and I always loved it but it really has getten worse over the years. And while I read all the posts here above about the release, I cannot, for the love of god, understand why such a standard feature to have an app minimized into tray, has been removed and how they said themselves, it will not come back. I am not a programmer, so I don't have the technical expertise, but I doubt it is necessary at all, to remove a feature like that which also always worked fine.

This doesn't make any sense !

And its clear that they also dodge the question about why this is, plenty of times.

Do they want to get us to use something else instead Teamspeak, is it that ?

Wolfseye

Please forgive my confusion, but what's the desired functionality that's missing now exactly?
    I had assumed it'd be about ts now still showing in the taskbar when I minimize to tray, which it doesn't (for me on win8.1 at least).

Yes, it was intended so your compiler jumps into your face telling you something is wrong, instead of you wondering why your stuff doesn't load ripping your hair out trying to find the problem
    Ah, well sadly my build environment involves a manual copy of the SDK to another location (multiple developers, different install paths, etc, I mean I guess we could use a path variable, but eh).

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Please forgive my confusion, but what's the desired functionality that's missing now exactly?
    I had assumed it'd be about ts now still showing in the taskbar when I minimize to tray, which it doesn't (for me on win8.1 at least).
    I believe the issue now is that you could minimize only to the tray, removing it from the taskbar.

I don't personally use this feature on TS, but I can see how having it removed would be extremely frustrating. Is this an issue with Qt 5? I'd be interested to know the technical details on this decision, as some of them have been interesting coming from Teamspeak (like removing FMOD because you couldn't get it to play nicely with your codebase [despite it being used in dozens of other AAA software], or plugin API calls causing crashes due to thread safety which the plugin developer has no control over).

I have a bug in the Channel Description:

http://imagehosting.god-com.de/bild....speak7CY7M.png

Code:

Code:
    ╒════════════════════════════════════╕ Clanbesprechung ╘════════════════════════════════════╛ http://xxxxx.xxxxx.de/images/teamspe...esprechung.jpg
    Since then I have upgraded the client version to 3.0.14, this display bug is available.
    With version 3.0.13.1, these problems were not present.

Currently a team speak server running version 3.0.10.3 on Linux.

Channel Description Code:
    http://imagehosting.god-com.de/bild....peak2JE0AI.png

Channel Description Appearance:
    Last edited by Chris; March 14th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer0561 View Post
    I have a bug in the Channel Description:

Code:

Code:
    ╒════════════════════════════════════╕ Clanbesprechung ╘════════════════════════════════════╛ http://xxxxx.xxxxx.de/images/teamspe...esprechung.jpg
    There doesn't seem to be anything wrong on that picture.

EDIT:

Oh well for some reason that code block doesn't show up in your post... in any case it's a known bug with BBCode currently.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Here is a workaround until we fix this:
    Add an empty folder into your plugin.
    I have not plugin, I have translation how to be with it?

Quote Originally Posted by NouberNou View Post
    I believe the issue now is that you could minimize only to the tray, removing it from the taskbar.

I don't personally use this feature on TS, but I can see how having it removed would be extremely frustrating. Is this an issue with Qt 5? I'd be interested to know the technical details on this decision, as some of them have been interesting coming from Teamspeak (like removing FMOD because you couldn't get it to play nicely with your codebase [despite it being used in dozens of other AAA software], or plugin API calls causing crashes due to thread safety which the plugin developer has no control over).
    That's what I thought ;D However I am minimizing only to the tray, not showing in the taskbar just fine. That's what makes me wonder^^ Maybe it just got removed only from the ui and is still applying my setting or I'm missing some point here *shrug*
    Also works fine on my other Qt Applications, including a Qt5 one, so I dunno.

With FMOD I'd personally suspect licensing cost versus core functionality. The only stuff that'd use that would be our two plugins I guess, and we unlike TS could utilize non-profit if we desire.

Thread Information