Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Samsung Galaxy S4 on android 4.4.2 phone call bug?

I've done some testing and I think that there is a bug when running teamspeak on my phone that causes every other call to have no sound. When someone calls and ts is running I will not beable to hear them nor them me. But if either of us call back then we can here eachother. This seems to happen with every other call. To test I reset my phone back to default calls were fine then I installed ts and nothing else and connected to a ts server and the problem came back. I don't think this happened on android 4.3 but on the new 4.4.2 it seems to be a problem.

We can't reproduce this on a Nexus5 device with Android 4.4.2 installed.
    But a ticket for this was created!

Can you tell us your current Audio settings (for playback and capture) from TeamSpeak?
    Also please try another setup and give us some feedback.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

For playback I have voice call and for record I have default.

Quote Originally Posted by GraspYonOx View Post
    For playback I have voice call and for record I have default.

I changed the setting from voice call to music for the playback setting and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks

Just a question are you on a Samsung or custom ROM? Also, which model number S4 (i9500, i9505, other)?

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Just a question are you on a Samsung or custom ROM? Also, which model number S4 (i9500, i9505, other)?
    I have the official rom and at this point there is nothing custom on my phone and I'm not even rooted. The s4 model I have is the sgh-1337

OK, I'll test on mine though it is very different (GT-I9500 with Cyanogen Mod 11) than yours. But may assist in seeing if the problem is universal to all 4.4.2 or just Samsung rom. I may put the Samsung Rom on mine, but not really wanting to get it "Knox-up".
    Last edited by Screech; March 14th, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Still having some trouble. It seems as though I'm able to receive calls now and we can hear one another, but now when TS is running and I make the call we can't hear each other but if they call me it seems fine with the settings I have above. I wish there were other users that could test this out with the same phone running 4.4.2 so I could find out if it's just my phone or not.

On the bright side it's more important for me to beable to get calls with no trouble as for making them i'll just have to close TS before I do so.

Thread Information