Forum

Angry Need Overlay that works with both TS 3.0.14 and Star Trek Online

TeamSpeak's tsOverlay was perfect. Then TeamSpeak sold their souls to Overwolf... which would be fine if Overwolf supported the only game I play, Star Trek Online... but they don't. Nor do they support lots of other games tsOverlay worked perfectly fine in.

I need one of these three things in the worst way:

1. A way to make the good old tsOverlay work again
    2. Overwolf, support STO. Seriously.
    3. Another alternative, that works with both TS 3.0.14 and Star Trek Online.

I've tried uninstalling TeamSpeak and reverting version by version all the way back to 3.0.12, trying to get the old tsOverlay to install and work again. Nothing. No luck at all.

I'm so frustrated.

take a look at Project: Kryptonite it's the successor of the old ts3overlay!
    asides from that you can find the ts3overlay downloads here (note: it wasn't updated in a while and doesnt work with the latest stable client)

Hey there!

A tad dramatic, but we get the point.

Sorry for you getting frustrated with our program. Originally we did support Star Trek Online, but had to pull it due to instabilities. We wont support a game unless it works smoothly with Overwolf. The reason we don't natively support every game is because we overlay on the game differently than other overlays to make it clean, smooth and not crash or run the risk of getting you banned.

If you want Overwolf to work with STO I can give you two things to do. First, go here and vote on getting support for STO. Second, you can try this:

For Windows Vista/7/8
    1. Click the Windows “Start” button.
    2. In the "Search" bar type "%localappdata%/Local/Overwolf" without the quotation marks.
    3. Find the file called Gamelist.

For Windows XP
    1. Click the Windows “Start” button.
    2. In the "Search" bar type "%localappdata%/Local/Overwolf" without the quotation marks.
    3. Find the file called Gamelist.

Once you find that file, open it with either Notepad++ or Notepad and search for Star Trek Online. Once you find that you can see there is a block writing pertaining to that game. Look for the line that looks like this:
    <InjectionDecision>NotSupported</InjectionDecision>

And change it to

<InjectionDecision>Supported</InjectionDecision>

Now you need to do that three times for each of the following ID numbers 58641, 58642, 58643. This should force Overwolf to inject into STO, but it could run into issues. If you don't have any, wonderful, let me know. If you do, then also let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by phitriz View Post
    take a look at Project: Kryptonite it's the successor of the old ts3overlay!
    asides from that you can find the ts3overlay downloads here (note: it wasn't updated in a while and doesnt work with the latest stable client)
    Thank you, phitriz. I have applied for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by OWRaif View Post
    Hey there!

A tad dramatic, but we get the point.

OWRaif, you have impressed me. Overwolf in general has impressed me. You're right, I was a bit overdramatic. And despite that you gave me an option that included using your product in a manner other than intended. I am a systems engineer by trade, and this impresses me greatly.

I did as you suggested and it worked, more or less. Overwolf is working with the current version of Star Trek Online the same way it was (for me, at least) back when it was supported. No crashes, it injects fine, and is fully functional, but clicking or interacting with any of Overwolf's windows results in the click or keypress also affecting the Star Trek Online window area directly beneath.

Which is workable.

Thank you again, OWRaif, for your flexibility and surprising level of support. I'm going to share this with my fleet. (guild)

Very impressive.

Unfortunately Overwolf lacks a key component of exceptional software.

KISS

This old adage is the dividing line between good and great

If you are not familiar with this term, it stands for Keep It Simple Stupid

Teamspeak 3 overlay was not perfect, but did what it did perfectly.

I host a Twitch.Tv channel, and not only does the Overwolf Teamspeak Chat box (the box that shows the names of people talking) not show up in my stream, it doesn't even show up over Star Trek Online when I return focus back to the game. I run Star Trek Online in 1080 windowed fullscreen, I prefer this because it allows me to not have to alt-tab in order to quickly access Open Broadcaster if I need to put up an intermission splash screen or when I need to change a song in pandora.

When I do this in DCUO for instance, I can crash the game, so when I play DCUO I rely on teamspeak overlay full display size to switch channels and move people etc.

I want teamspeak 3 overlay back, I pay for a hosted teamspeak server and this plugin will make or break my decision to continue to use teamspeak 3.

UNLESS, Overwolf can give me EXACT functionality equal to how teamspeak 3 overlay functioned.

What about Neverwinter? Any Chance to get (unstable) Support for this?

Overwolf does not work as an overlay, the whole point of having an overlay plugin is so you can see it ingame without alt-tabbing out. In each of the games that I play for my twitch.tv stream: Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online, Tera Rising Online, overwolf hides behind the game defeating the purpose of installing overwolf in the first place. I'm not one to litter my hard drive with programs that have no tangible purpose. I have no use for the bloat ware attachments that overwolf attempts to shove down my throat. STOP trying to shove useless crap down my throat.

I pay/rent a teamspeak server, I should be immune to your peddling and pandering crap.

If you are unable to provide me with a simple overlay function that works like ts3overlay and sits in my game fullscreen or windowed (not requiring me to alt-tab) and gives me access to move channels with a mouse click and drag, and gives me access to move other people as admin with mouse click and drag, then I will switch to another voice comm program and will make this mandatory to all of my members in my 3 clans/guilds/leagues/fleets

Quote Originally Posted by TomXPro View Post
    What about Neverwinter? Any Chance to get (unstable) Support for this?
    Follow this link here.

That link there shows how a user enabled DayZ (the standalone version) to run on his Overwolf before we supported it. Do the same thing they did but substitute the info for Neverwinter instead of the DayZ info.

Again, I can't promise that this will work or will be stable. This can cause crashes on your games or on Overwolf so do this at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    OWRaif, you have impressed me. Overwolf in general has impressed me. You're right, I was a bit overdramatic. And despite that you gave me an option that included using your product in a manner other than intended. I am a systems engineer by trade, and this impresses me greatly.

I did as you suggested and it worked, more or less. Overwolf is working with the current version of Star Trek Online the same way it was (for me, at least) back when it was supported. No crashes, it injects fine, and is fully functional, but clicking or interacting with any of Overwolf's windows results in the click or keypress also affecting the Star Trek Online window area directly beneath.

Which is workable.

Thank you again, OWRaif, for your flexibility and surprising level of support. I'm going to share this with my fleet. (guild)

Very impressive.
    Glad it works for you. And I'm here to serve =)

That "feature" you encountered where clicking anything affects the game as well is something we're looking at fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by chiemarab View Post
    Overwolf does not work as an overlay, the whole point of having an overlay plugin is so you can see it ingame without alt-tabbing out. In each of the games that I play for my twitch.tv stream: Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online, Tera Rising Online, overwolf hides behind the game defeating the purpose of installing overwolf in the first place. I'm not one to litter my hard drive with programs that have no tangible purpose. I have no use for the bloat ware attachments that overwolf attempts to shove down my throat. STOP trying to shove useless crap down my throat.

I pay/rent a teamspeak server, I should be immune to your peddling and pandering crap.

If you are unable to provide me with a simple overlay function that works like ts3overlay and sits in my game fullscreen or windowed (not requiring me to alt-tab) and gives me access to move channels with a mouse click and drag, and gives me access to move other people as admin with mouse click and drag, then I will switch to another voice comm program and will make this mandatory to all of my members in my 3 clans/guilds/leagues/fleets
    Overwolf does indeed work as an overlay but you have encountered a bug where for some reason Overwolf is not injecting into your game. We would love to help you so that it does work so I will need your log files to I can get it working for you.

To find your log files read this thread here: How to: Sending logs and follow the instructions. Then we can see why Overwolf isn't injecting into your games.

Both DC Universe Online and Tera: Rising are supported games so what you are experiencing is a bug, and as has been previously mentioned in this thread, Star Trek Online is NOT supported. If you want STO to work, read the above instructions and try that.

As for "bloatware" that we attempt to shove down your throat, mind telling me what that is? As you don't have to install any of the apps that you don't want and only get a handful by default.
    Last edited by OWRaif; March 17th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Can Overwolf inject its TS3 overlay into the HUD of MechWarrior Online? According to the OverWolf gameslist.xml file the configuration line in this file is <InjectionDecision>Supported</InjectionDecision>but the TS3 Overlay in OverWolf is not seen in the MechWarrior Online HUD.

Regards,

Aidan
    Last edited by Aidan; March 28th, 2014 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    Can Overwolf inject its TS3 overlay into the HUD of MechWarrior Online? According to the OverWolf gameslist.xml file the configuration line in this file is <InjectionDecision>Supported</InjectionDecision>but the TS3 Overlay in OverWolf is not seen in the MechWarrior Online HUD.

Regards,

Aidan

You are most likely using MWO in DirectX 11 which we currently don't support. Switch the DirectX to DirectX 9 and it will work.

I can't believe that........

Quote Originally Posted by OWRaif View Post
    You are most likely using MWO in DirectX 11 which we currently don't support. Switch the DirectX to DirectX 9 and it will work.
    I don't like shooting games,because it is bad for our eyes. If I have some time,I always scan some books.
    Except that,I often play free mmorpg. It's very interesting.

Thread Information