Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could not connect to the MY Teamspeak server using my IP

Hello here is my issues
    First i've bought a new router i used a modem in the past and it worked in it already
    but when i bought a router it only worked when i wrote localhost and it didnt connect with my ip
    is that a bug r something?
    i need help ASAP please

Note i tried with port and with out port my own IP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Oldman View Post
    but when i bought a router it only worked when i wrote localhost and it didnt connect with my ip
    "Your IP" it's supposed to be your public ip --> then, some routers doesn't allow to connect to a local IP using the public IP, that means the public IP can only be used by users that are "outside" the router. Maybe this is your case --> ask to a friend to connect to your server.

Also, it's supposed you have portforwarded, at least the server voice port. The details in this thread:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...annot-connect)

Also, sometimes the router includes a firewall that limits or blocks the UDP traffic and the clients can't connect (clients that pass through the router, internet users): http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-amp-Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    "Your IP" it's supposed to be your public ip --> then, some routers doesn't allow to connect to a local IP using the public IP, that means the public IP can only be used by users that are "outside" the router. Maybe this is your case --> ask to a friend to connect to your server.

Also, it's supposed you have portforwarded, at least the server voice port. The details in this thread:

Also, sometimes the router includes a firewall that limits or blocks the UDP traffic and the clients can't connect (clients that pass through the router, internet users): http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-amp-Solutions
    Not working for my friends i tried this
    My IP Without port
    My IP:9987
    My IP:30033
    My IP:10011
    and nothing works
    tired to go run >> ipconfig the Chatlog appears and disappears in 1 sec
    Last edited by Dr.Oldman; February 11th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.

You dont use port 30033 and 10011 to connect to the server, they are for filetransfer and serverquery not voice port. I'am thinking that u didnt forward your ports correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by NightFacker View Post
    You dont use port 30033 and 10011 to connect to the server, they are for filetransfer and serverquery not voice port. I'am thinking that u didnt forward your ports correctly...
    i know that im not suppose to use but beh i used all of the ways to try
    9987 is the main one to connect to the server
    My IP is listed in http://whatismyip.com and also i have program to see My IP Plus that i can see it from google
    only localhost works on teamspeak to connect to also i've tried 127.0.0.1 to connect but it didnt work only localhost works and the problem is the teamspeak members i can easily connect no problems

Not working for my friends i tried this
    My IP Without port
    My IP:9987
    You have now a router.
    a) Is the new router connected to the old modem?
    b) If the new router is now supplying the internet connection, have you configured the router for managing the TS3 ports from internet to the static local IP of the PC where the server is running? This is called "portforwarding" and it's explained in this thread:

c) If you have configured the router for redirecting the TS3 ports and still users from internet can't connect, have you verify that in the router the firewall in general or the SPI Firewall or DDoS Protection or Flood Protection are deactivated?

If i understand correctly your friends from outside your house can connect to your server and you can only connect to the server who is running on your PC with local host? And what is your problem??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    If i understand correctly your friends from outside your house can connect to your server and you can only connect to the server who is running on your PC with local host? And what is your problem??
    What I have understood is that he can connect using localhost (maybe he would like to connect using the public IP) but the problem is the users from internet that can NOT connect.

What I have understood is that he can connect using localhost (maybe he would like to connect using the public IP) but the problem is the users from internet that can NOT connect.

He said:
    only localhost works on teamspeak to connect to also i've tried 127.0.0.1 to connect but it didnt work only localhost works and the problem is the teamspeak members i can easily connect no problems

So I don't see the problem

He said:

So I don't see the problem

I Said here that i can connect but the problem is the teamspeak players that cannot connect ot the server i can easily connect

You have now a router.
    a) Is the new router connected to the old modem?
    b) If the new router is now supplying the internet connection, have you configured the router for managing the TS3 ports from internet to the static local IP of the PC where the server is running? This is called "portforwarding" and it's explained in this thread:

c) If you have configured the router for redirecting the TS3 ports and still users from internet can't connect, have you verify that in the router the firewall in general or the SPI Firewall or DDoS Protection or Flood Protection are deactivated?
    i've tried to do that and go to run>>IPCONFIG but it disappears it appears but it disappears in oen second plus that i've bought the new router and removed everything that contains to the old modem if you could give me a video that would be great and because the internet administrators did everything i dont know what exactlly they've done in the internet but i can find the internet connection in the control panel but when i go to the propties i do not see my main ip i only see the mask ip and the ip to change the trouter pass etc.......
    and btw,when i search for my server in servers list the ip is listed as myip:9987 i've tried to connect to my ip :9987 but it didnt work and today i tried to connect to 127.0.0.1 it worked and when i added 9987 it worked also but my ip wont work idk wy
    first im going to check for my Router pw and username as i cant do anything right now
    Last edited by Dr.Oldman; February 12th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

i followed the port forward and i filled everything in its correct place but.....
    The IP Wont work i mean the ip field its autofilled i left it but it didnt work
    i tried to keep the IP field Blank but it didnt work also

Select the service name, and enter the server IP address and click "Save/Apply" to forward IP packets for this service to the specified server. NOTE: The "Internal Port End" cannot be changed. It is the same as "External Port End" normally and will be the same as the "Internal Port Start" or "External Port End" if either one is modified.
    Remaining number of entries that can be configured: 32

Server
    *Select a Service:
    *Custom Server: [USED THIS]
    Server IP Address: I Tried the autofilled one it didnt work i tried to keep it blank it didnt work

External Port Start External Port End Protocol Internal Port Start Internal Port End

http://portforward.com/english/route...k_3_Server.htm

tell me what ip should i put?
    Last edited by Dr.Oldman; February 12th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

i followed the port forward and i filled everything in its correct place but.....
    The IP Wont work i mean the ip field its autofilled i left it but it didnt work
    i tried to keep the IP field Blank but it didnt work also

Select the service name, and enter the server IP address and click "Save/Apply" to forward IP packets for this service to the specified server. NOTE: The "Internal Port End" cannot be changed. It is the same as "External Port End" normally and will be the same as the "Internal Port Start" or "External Port End" if either one is modified.
    Remaining number of entries that can be configured: 32

Server
    *Select a Service:
    *Custom Server: [USED THIS]
    Server IP Address: I Tried the autofilled one it didnt work i tried to keep it blank it didnt work

External Port StartExternal Port EndProtocolInternal Port StartInternal Port End

http://portforward.com/english/route...k_3_Server.htm

tell me what ip should i put?
    The server should have a static internal IP, if you have that just type ipconfig(for windows) or ifconfig(for Linux) and copy the IP you see there

The server should have a static internal IP, if you have that just type ipconfig(for windows) or ifconfig(for Linux) and copy the IP you see there
    IPCONFIG in run appears and disappears i only have those ips:
    Physicial Address:
    IP Address:
    Default Gateway:
    DHCP Server:
    DNS Server:
    WINS Server: (EMPTY)

Thread Information