Forum

Request: b_client_own_ban_list to show only own bans in list.

As a server owner I do not want people to see everyone's temporary server passwords and that is great because there is a permission that lets people manage only their temp server passwords and they cannot see others.

Well, as a server owner I would also not like to show people all server bans on the server because they could contain elaborate regex bans that do not want to get stolen or perhaps personal details of other people that should not get out. So it would be nice to have a permission that will let people manage their own server bans without having to see every ban in the list. This would preserve privacy while letting them undo bans they have done instead of having to wait for a main server admin to come online to rectify an accidental ban or a ban that the reason for was resolved.

What do you think?

Improve ban and complaint list

Hello,

currently users can't delete own complaint/ban without b_client_*_list permission.

It would be possible to allow client to see complaints / ban they created when b_client_*_list is not set and that he had permission b_client_*_delete_own?

Currently the client does not seem to allow, or we have not found an intuitive way to do so, the removal of a complaint by its creator when he did not have access to the full list.

Thank you
    Last edited by dante696; May 31st, 2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: merged

We don't think it is usefull to see own bans and complaints only.

This is a social problem/feature request in our opinion.
    Do not assign assign admin, if you can't trust your admins.

@ Toine
    You can't delete, what you can not see (for client gui).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We don't think it is usefull to see own bans and complaints only.

This is a social problem/feature request in our opinion.
    Do not assign assign admin, if you can't trust your admins.

@ Toine
    You can't delete, what you can not see (for client gui).
    The complaint system is designed for all clients, simple members can make a complaint. But simple user is not admin, we allow him to make complaint and delete his own only.

I dont understand your position about this limitation, currently user can't delete own complaint without viewing the full list.

Leaving the complete list visible to all involved risk of revenge, a member may then say that X complained against him to others which in turn will complain against X.

This problem is easy to fix, what is this feature if you can not allow a user to withdraw if he wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Toine View Post
    Leaving the complete list visible to all involved risk of revenge, a member may then say that X complained against him to others which in turn will complain against X.
    Which would be the mentioned social problem.

Actually, I think that people are definitely too much concerned about server security. It's ridiculous. I would really like to see a proof that people actually abuse those right. For example, there have been so many requests for adding server group to yourself only. I often visit a server that has eight groups that people can assign to anyone, but people only assign them to theirselves. The server has 200 simultaneous users a day. That's what makes me have reservations regarding restrictions if there is no proven problem.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Which would be the mentioned social problem.

Actually, I think that people are definitely too much concerned about server security. It's ridiculous. I would really like to see a proof that people actually abuse those right. For example, there have been so many requests for adding server group to yourself only. I often visit a server that has eight groups that people can assign to anyone, but people only assign them to theirselves. The server has 200 simultaneous users a day. That's what makes me have reservations regarding restrictions if there is no proven problem.
    On my server i got 2 administrators, me and one guy, in most cases members use this system to report people who cause problems.

Some members have told me of the problem, can not remove their own complaint against another is for them excessive and illogical.

In the lives of everyday people signing contracts, complain against others ect ... In ALL cases it is possible to retract, what is this system different?

My users are responsible and to err is human. Give them the option to remove their complaint without giving them access to the full list is their right.

From a editor that indicates several topics on the forum that their goal is to make software that respects users I find very relevant not grant a right as fundamental as being able to retract.

This thread is about the ban feature though, not complaints. Plus it was rejected. However I am on the verge of disabling the complaint system on my server. All I ever see is random giberish messages as complaints from people. I see complaints such as "chicken" or "ggg" or some foreign word that when translated is also gibberish like "sauce" or something. Also, having the complaints system be functional to ban people is a bad idea if people are just going to make bogus complaints and bring in extra ID's to make more complaints.

My topic was merged in yours...

Send with Tapatalk 4 from Xiaomi Mi-2s

I see.. That is a bit odd.

It's the same feature request for us.
    We don't want both.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information