Forum

Question "Avatar Rights Revoked"

Hi!

I'm looking to change the permissions of a Server Group (SG), "Avatar Rights Revoked", to something that overrides the usual member SG I have.

Essentially, the SG gives the user -1 Avatar File Size and stops them from using avatars. I give this as more or less a punishment for inappropriate avatars without banning the user.

It works fine on Guests, but members with the AGB SG (AGB, Basically our member tag which gives you unlimited Avatar File Size) can still set avatars. I've messed around with the skip and negate options, but nothing seems to work.

Any help/suggestions?

Basically, negated is all you need. If a user is still able to use avatars, post his permission overview export.

Here you go, still didn't work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Define "still didn't work". Looks ok in the permission overview.
    Note, that assigning this permission does not remove the current avatar, the user wont only be able to set a new one.

It still "doesn't work" as in they can set an avatar regardless.

And yes, I'm aware that's how it works.

On a second view, the problem seems to be the value you set.
    Some integer permissions set to "-1" means "infinite", so your clients with this group can upload avatars of any size (ok, limited by the harddisk space of your server).
    Try setting "i_client_max_avatar_filesize" of that group to "0" and "negate" and see if it works.

Add the skip flag to the permission as well as negate. Perhaps channel groups are allowing avatars.

Nice idea, but according to his file above, there are no groups overwriting.

Well something must be. I have had issues before with the overview lying to me telling me something was there that actually was not, so there could be a conflict here also. I would highly recommend adding the skip flag at least to find out if that resolves the issue and aid in tracking down the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    Well something must be. I have had issues before with the overview lying to me telling me something was there that actually was not, so there could be a conflict here also.
    I also noticed that permission overview in TS3 does not reflect what permget does for you, especially when it comes to grant values. I then wrote my own one.
    However, in this case, I don't see any problem there. It would be nice to see if Alcazar's idea helps.

Problem fixed, change the value to 0 instead of -1.

You Could Make another Gruop So If Anyone That You Dont Want To Have A Avatar Wont Have One Without Changing Perms For Other People in a Gruop... The Only Perm it needs is "i_client_max_avatar_filesize" of that group to "0" "Skip" And "negate" And Thats All And It Should Work For Anyone Evan Admins I Think

Thread Information