Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Created a template group in server query, but it's not appearing in teamspeak client

Hello

I'm a newbie into server query.

We've just installed ts3 server (latest version)
    I want to have a template group beside guest;normal;serverAdmin so I could make other server groups based on this template.

Here's what I have done:
    Logged in into server query, selected my server, and typed
    servergroupcopy ssgid=4 tsid=0 name=Admins type=0
    And the commands enters successfully, and I can see the group in servergrouplist
    But, When creating a server Group in teamspeak client, the templates are still normal;guest;server admin, and my template group is not there!
    Can I get a help on this, please?

Here's my normal temp group:
    sgid=4 name=Normal type=0 iconid=0 savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=60 n_member_removep=60

Here's my new created template group in server query:
    sgid=17 name=Admins type=0 iconid=0 savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=60 n_member_removep=60

Please help

You must have b_serverinstance_modify_templates see template in TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    You must have b_serverinstance_modify_templates see template in TeamSpeak.
    Hello
    Shouldn't serveradmins have that by default? besides, I can see three templates, guest;normal;serveradmins, and I can assign my server groups on to them, but the new templates that I make by server query, does not appear in teamspeak's GUI.

Can I move a server group onto a template group in server query? if there's a command, I will do it by query.

No, this is a global permission. SA dont have them by default and dont need them though.
    Template groups are not to be assigned to users, they are used when creating a new server (they are copied to regular groups there).

@numma_cway: Doesnt your great and often advertised tool YATQA have this feature, creating and editing templates?

I'm only advertising YaTQA if there is no way to do this in the TS3 client and if I think it's quicker to do stuff with YaTQA.
    Well, what he's got to do now cannot be done with the TS3 client, but I think he has some experience.

Back to topic. Login in with query and use the server. Find the ID of your Server Admin group (6 by default) and execute this.
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=YOUR_SERVERADMIN_GROUP_ID permsid=b_serverinstance_modify_templates permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    (This can of course be done with YaTQA...)

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    No, this is a global permission. SA dont have them by default and dont need them though.
    Template groups are not to be assigned to users, they are used when creating a new server (they are copied to regular groups there).

@numma_cway: Doesnt your great and often advertised tool YATQA have this feature, creating and editing templates?
    Hi,
    Thanks, i'm Going to use numma_cway's solution. The reason that i'm trying to make template groups is this; I have teamspeak staffs that can assign the "normal" servergroup or revoke them from users. I want to restrict them from assigning and revoking their own staff server groups, so they can't annoy each other.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    I'm only advertising YaTQA if there is no way to do this in the TS3 client and if I think it's quicker to do stuff with YaTQA.
    Well, what he's got to do now cannot be done with the TS3 client, but I think he has some experience.

Back to topic. Login in with query and use the server. Find the ID of your Server Admin group (6 by default) and execute this.
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=YOUR_SERVERADMIN_GROUP_ID permsid=b_serverinstance_modify_templates permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    (This can of course be done with YaTQA...)
    Thanks for that code, I will try it now.

Actually, I think I need to install yatqa. TeamSpeak client is not great with accessibility, and My ScreenReader can't interact with it properly, so... I just went ahead and googled yatqa and installed it!
    May I ask a question regarding yatqa?
    I have logged in with server admin; selected my virtual server, and went to permissions.
    I can list perms depending on groups, but I don't know how to edit them. What I have to do to be able to edit values and such?
    When I right click on the perms, I see no item to let me change the value.

Thank you!

Double click on the column you want to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by hadi.gsf View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks, i'm Going to use numma_cway's solution. The reason that i'm trying to make template groups is this; I have teamspeak staffs that can assign the "normal" servergroup or revoke them from users. I want to restrict them from assigning and revoking their own staff server groups, so they can't annoy each other.
    Then just edit your regular groups like staff. Template groups are only used if you want them on several servers in the same instance,
    since there're global, not for a single server.

Thread Information