Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Higher resolution icons for 4K or retina displays

Currently TeamSpeak 3 is not retina resolution ready. Everything looks pixelated, so I was hoping this could be addressed and fixed. The Retina MacBook Pro 15" screen is 2880x1800 resolution, and the Retina Macbook Pro 13" is 2560x1600 resolution.

Thanks for reading.

Please try this:

1. Open the application package (Right-click > Show Package Contents)
    2. Edit the file Info.plist using XCode
    3. Add a new key-value pair NSPrincipalClass/NSApplication (see screenshot below)
    4. Restart your MacBook or re-login

http://250kb.de/u/121112/p/UFABjG9lB9Iy.png

Please let us know if this works for you and maybe attach a screenshot of how your client looks.

It didn't work. Even if it did, I don't see how it could fix things like the blue circle in the menu bar or any of the buttons/pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 1.47.45 AM.png 
Views:	963 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	7056

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 1.47.41 AM.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	426.9 KB 
ID:	7057

Anybody want to look into this? I'm not asking much, just compatibility for a simple technology update.

Quote Originally Posted by DannySwish View Post
    Anybody want to look into this? I'm not asking much, just compatibility for a simple technology update.
    We a aware about the problems with retina displays and a ticket for this already exists in our system. It's more than just a simple technology update
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

http://retinizer.mikelpr.com/ is a nice tool that will make all the text crisp. I think it does the same thing ScP recommends but without having to deal with xcode and everything. Works for me, but ymmv.

Solved my problem. Thanks!
    Last edited by DannySwish; March 8th, 2015 at 11:28 PM.

Post Higher resolution icons for 4K or retina displays

It would be really good to update TeamSpeak so it has higher resolution icons for retina displays. This has been done this for the iPhone App, and if the desktop program had retina icons, it would be an improvement and look great.

Angry Retina still not supported after having an evaluation of 2 years

First post about this issue is linked here and almost 2 years have passed and still no support has been added. Qt supports retina for exactly 1 year and four days since the day that this was posted. Not being a Qt developer myself, I looked around how hard it is to add support for this in Qt and it seems to be very simple. It is better to add support for Mac because Windows will have to get some decent high-res support soon.
    Last edited by dante696; April 29th, 2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: merged

I fully agree... However, the Retinizer app works so you can make the client look a bit nicer:

http://retinizer.mikelpr.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I fully agree... However, the Retinizer app works so you can make the client look a bit nicer:

http://retinizer.mikelpr.com
    I have used the Retinizer app, but it's incompatible with other software I use on a daily basis (like Adobe software) which makes it very annoying to use the app only for Teamspeak since it's the only program that didn't add support for over 2 years.

TeamSpeak is the only app I use which has not updated its graphics and text. Please fix it already, its overdue in 2015.

TeamSpeak is the only app I use which has not updated its graphics and text. Please fix it already, its overdue in 2017.

Thread Information