Forum

Question Command Line linux client

Hi there,

I am beginning the process of designing and coding an automated bot to manage the permissions on my Teamspeak 3 server and a couple of different game servers and websites, I intend for the bot to act as either a dedicated client to the server, showing as a user to other people, or as a plugin to the standard Teamspeak 3 client.

I have looked at the SDK and I believe that I will be able to code a simple client that will perform my needs (connect to server, sit in channel, receive and send text messages to all channels in server and perform server query tasks when needed) however I have read in a couple of places that a client created with the SDK can only connect to servers that have been made with the SDK, and not standard Teamspeak 3 servers. Is there any truth in this or will I be ok with a custom written client?

On a related note, is there a command line client available that I could use to base my bot off, or to program my bot as a plugin to? This would reduce my workload significantly and would guarantee compatibility with the server.

I plan to be coding in C++ and for the bot to be running alongside the server on CentOS. When I finish the bot and have it working in a stable way I intend to open-source it for anyone else that may find it useful. I am writing it for my guild, partly for the functionality, partly to gain the experience working on a larger project.

If anyone knows anything about my questions some advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

// Robb G

Quote Originally Posted by Skutov View Post
    I have read in a couple of places that a client created with the SDK can only connect to servers that have been made with the SDK, and not standard Teamspeak 3 servers. Is there any truth in this or will I be ok with a custom written client?
    Yes, that is true. SDK Clients can only connect to SDK servers and regular clients can only connect to regular servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skutov View Post
    On a related note, is there a command line client available that I could use to base my bot off, or to program my bot as a plugin to? This would reduce my workload significantly and would guarantee compatibility with the server.
    No, there is no command line client available.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

You could try this bot:

https://github.com/mrshankly/mambo

Written in Erlang, absolutely ressource friendly and fast too.

Maybe TS3 will have a more modern serverquery in the future, more API based, not that telnet parsing pita.

Thread Information