Forum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downgrade to 3.0.13.1 using this installer, this wont delete the config. http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...ases/3.0.13.1/

If you have still lags, delete the urls.dat/cache/logs/chats in %appdata% TS3Client or in the config folder inside your ts3 installation folder.

this will fix the problem for the first (your client will just hang for a few seconds).

king regards

I've come up with a way to run 3.0.14 on Windows and get a notice if anyone attempts it. If you're an admin you can right click the users in the notice to ban them. If this message had gotten written to your chat log you may have issues connecting to a server (client appears to freeze as you connect) even with the plugin. If this is true for you, you need to clear your chat logs.

http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html

As with any plugin or code use at your own risk. I've done my best to test on a few different windows version via virtual machines, but I can't guarantee trouble free use for everyone. I've tested the ways of exploiting the bug that I know of an they are blocked, if there are other ways to exploit the bug that I'm unaware of they may still be able to interrupt your client's normal operation.

Devs: Only reason I've posted direct is this does address the issue and since it will not be needed after this client version I see no reason to submit for addons site.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I've come up with a way to run 3.0.14 on Windows and get a notice if anyone attempts it. If you're an admin you can right click the users in the notice to ban them. If this message had gotten written to your chat log you may have issues connecting to a server (client appears to freeze as you connect) even with the plugin. If this is true for you, you need to clear your chat logs.

http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html

As with any plugin or code use at your own risk. I've done my best to test on a few different windows version via virtual machines, but I can't guarantee trouble free use for everyone. I've tested the ways of exploiting the bug that I know of an they are blocked, if there are other ways to exploit the bug that I'm unaware of they may still be able to interrupt your client's normal operation.

Devs: Only reason I've posted direct is this does address the issue and since it will not be needed after this client version I see no reason to submit for addons site.
    Screech, what language did you develop that plugin with? Thanks in advance.

After looking around, I see you use LUA. Also, your website looks awful (no offense). Have you thought about making it look better? If not, I could design it for you free of charge.

I see you're making it block pokes from freezing up the client.

Good man, keep up the nice work. Glad to see others working at this.
    Last edited by WhatLang; May 10th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLang View Post
    Screech, what language did you develop that plugin with? Thanks in advance.

After looking around, I see you use LUA. Also, your website looks awful (no offense). Have you thought about making it look better? If not, I could design it for you free of charge.

I see you're making it block pokes from freezing up the client.

Good man, keep up the nice work. Glad to see others working at this.
    I started with LUA but the onClientPokeEvent was not playing for me and I just decided to go with C++ as an actual plugin. I may revisit the LUA path later, just so that the code is in the open and it will work on more than Windows (admin running Linux or Mac would get the notice user is attempting to freeze clients) without maintaining code across multiple system types.

No offense taken, everyone says that. I choose the green-yellow for the color of, well, antifreeze for a car after Paul suggested it. I know it is awful, but it is just of use until TS finishes working on 3.0.15 since I think I read it is fixed there, but you know the policy: its done when its done and without knowing when that will be I feel safer with this in place for now. And the page fits my function over form mentality.

Yes, some friends (beta and Tomas, especially poor beta [his system would right the chat to the history so it would persist through the restart]) and I did a lot of testing with this of the last week. I can clean logs too, but not really any need in coding that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mw197 View Post
    Know the teamspeak devs that?
    And when will released a new version to fix it?
    Afaik it's already fixed in 3.0.15, but currently it is only a internal beta: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...854#post378854

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2504 View Post
    Where's the source?

Edit: Found the 1.02 lua version.

I updated it to 1.04, its back in LUA and can will now prevent the message that wipes the channel chat out. If you installed 1.03, disable the antifreeze plugin since it is using the lua plugin again, just need to make sure lua plugin is enabled and the antifreeze module is enabled.

Exploit: Anyone with text chat permissions can crash clients

Client version: Version:3.0.14 (3/12/2014 6:49 AM) x64
    Note: This probably affects all versions on Windows -- no clue about other OSes.

We had a guy come into our server last night and post five images in [img] tags back to back, both in IMs and in channel chat to everyone on the server. Anyone who got hit with this had their client crash. After reconnecting, the client would just stop responding for long periods of time.

The only solution we found was to clear the chat logs.

Yes, that's becoming general knowledge for the last few weeks, but unfortunately there is no patch for the Teamspeak client yet.

There is not official patch, but: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...187#post379187

Updated to 1.05, now has a sound notification and will attempt to remove 1.03 (the C++ plugin version) if still there.

same yesterday couple german idiots enter on my teamspeak and they do something to the ts client side and now my ts is crashing not server my client side is crashing and not only me 10 others people on teamspeak crashed application ts3 stop respoding can you fix this ?? i have NEW win 8.1 and ts on samsung EVO ssd so i know its now because of windows or old hardwere! Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2895
Size:  710.7 KB
    Last edited by dante696; May 13th, 2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: merged

Can't see the chat

People in my server stopped to see the channel chat its not something of the permissions i have check that they are running the latest version, but they can see it in other servers what should i do?

Updated Antifreeze Lua Module to 1.07

Since last post it now protects against additional malformed text and has better oversize image protection to better prevent cleared text chat.

Still at: http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html

Thread Information