Forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

ts3 private message client crash

Without actually posting what they send people to you guys.. (basically a string of bad/broken images)

if you get private messaged the string and try to open your TS client crashes.

i dont want to turn off guests ability to private message people but is there a way to stop this outside of this?

server is current version and my client is too

I have a LUA module to protect from the formats of this I know of on my server: http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html

This is a client side LUA module and since you can't make them install it, maybe until new client is release you could disable guest PM and channel text to protect everyone from random guest.

Lightbulb

disable network access ...
    If your client crashes the whole time and you can't start teamspeak anymore you can delete the chatlog manually.

Just take a look in the installation directory of teamspeak.

Example:
    D:\20_Programme\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\chats

Delete the "chats" folder and everything works fine. If you don't want to delete all your chatlogs it's also possible to edit a singe chatlog. In the "chats" folder you have to search for the specified server by checking all the "server.html" in each subfolder. Then take a look in the subfolder "TeamSpeak 3 Client\chats\<SERVER_UNIQUE_ID>\clients".

You have to edit the *.txt file and the *.html file of the client which sent you the message.

Greetings.

[BUG/GLITCH] HELP - All clients in one channel crashing after a few lines of code..

hello all,

first time posting so unsure if this is the correct area, apologies if it isnt.

recently i have had an issue where a certain individual has pasted a few lines of code that include the tags [img] in the chat box of the channel that they are in causing anyone in that channel to have their teamspeak client freeze and then crash, it has been reported from my admins and community members that it only affects those that can see the message so basically anyone that is in the channel with the individual in question, i havent yet tested private messages but i will get on to that a report back if that is affected aswell. I have contacted my host but they said that it was bizarre situation that they havent encountered before and suggested to post here on the forums.

i went into a channel by myself on a backup server in a new tab and pasted one line of the code and my client froze for about 1 minute so i would assume that if i post all of them then i will probably see the full effect, also in the chat box an image of a paper icon thing was there after the client unfroze

i have not posted the code as if its a major problem that affects all servers then i dont think it would be wise to have it freely seen, but if it is required then i can post it.

so i ask
    is this something that is known already?
    is there a fix for it and if so how would i go about implementing a fix?
    If there is no fix yet then would you recommend that i just make all new people to the server set as a rank that cannot chat until assigned another rank? although i wouldn't really like to do this unless i have to

Also this individual has been banned by admins previously but he uses an ip changer and as a result ban evades, i assume he also is smart enough to make a new identity so that type of ban would also be ineffective, so is there a way i can get rid of this guy other then a server password as i would like to keep the server publicly available

thank you in advance for reading.
    Last edited by dante696; May 21st, 2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: merged

TS3 (not responding) or hanging when connecting to server

When i try to connect to a server ts3 will hang on (not responding) for a minute and then finally say "connected". If i try to click on the chat tab for the room im in it freezes the program too. This has just started a few days ago and it used to work fine. nothing has changed that i know of.

TS3 freezes on connect

Hello,
    My teamspeak client suddenly started freezing when i try to connect to a server.
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but it still has the same problem.
    Additional Info: I use windows 8 but the client worked for months, i got the latest update a few days ago but it was fine until today.
    Help!

Question Teamspeak 3 Server (Crashing Certain Clients On Connect)

My community has recently come into a big problem. A good chunk of our clients just stopped responding. When we reconnect we can hear people talking etc but we don't have the teamspeak voice telling us we're connected or anything. This hasn't happened to all of our clients only a selected few. This is a big problem. Has any one encountered this? What can I do to prevent this?

Might be this.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Might be this.
    Yes that's exactly the problem. They need to hurry up and release a fix because this is a complete joke! People pay for a license to run teamspeak and this exploit is crushing our communities.

when new version fix bad bug bbc.
    Last edited by dante696; May 27th, 2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: merged

Teamspeak3 Not Responding when I connect to a specific Server

Basically, when I connect to my Teamspeak3 Server Teamspeak becomes unresponsive for upwards of 1-3 minutes. After this time it will go away but if I click off the Teamspeak Client and then back on it to move channels I receive the 'not responding' error message again. This only started yesterday. Any suggestions?

Read this. It's a very serious exploit, however, TeamSpeak takes centuries to release a patch.

Read this. It's a very serious exploit, however, TeamSpeak takes centuries to release a patch.
    so the problem is with teamspeak itself not my server/computer?

If it could be that someone sent you malicious bbcode, yes.

If it could be that someone sent you malicious bbcode, yes.
    How could I check and/or remove it?

Thread Information