Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Solved TeamSpeak 3 Chat BB Code Crash Freeze

I have privately published the BB Code on URL removed

Any developers/staff please contact me for the exploit id and password. I don't want the code public.

Simply put, with the code anyone on the latest or stable version of TeamSpeak running Windows as their platform get locked up in a permanent freeze (must task kill). It is very annoying and needs to be corrected as soon as possible.
    Last edited by dante696; May 5th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

You can send it to me and I will reproduce and report it to the developers.

Edit
    The freeze was reported to the developers.

About th rest, a ticket was created but as stated before, i don't think that this will be fixed.
    Last edited by dante696; April 3rd, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I realize you don't believe a rainbow and base64 data images are an issue of security, but that isn't the largest problem here of course. The biggest problem is the ability to crash out a .14 client running Windows. Considering most users are running Windows, most server admins are easily crashed out. This can be frustrating beyond your comprehension especially when they can still hear you.

They're all one problem in one, if you created different tickets for them, I question that as they are all clumped together into one. The bug is [img] BB Code being interpreted in the chat box when it simply should not be. If you reported the actual bug [IMG] BB Code In Chat, well then congratulations and thank you for trying to improve the TeamSpeak experience for your user base. It sure would be annoying if you were running a clan match and as the server admin, someone joined and started saying a bunch of annoying things and froze you so that you couldn't ban them, right?

In addition, if you fix the ROOT of the problem you in essence fix ALL of them.

So... to say that you don't see the other ones being fixed would require that NOTHING will be done. If they just fixed the root issue, all these problems with this one bug would disappear. It would be like spraying 20 spiders with a flamethrower and those 20 spiders are the only ones in your house... kind of. If we pretended all the flooring, walls and such are made out of JUST steel, so that the house doesn't burn down.
    Last edited by SpyEye; April 5th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Seriously... SpyEye posts about this months ahead of time to get it resolved, and nothing was done? I just recently got hit with this exploint on my TS server. Everyone who was in the channel during the exploit was forced to reinstall their teamspeak client (it was the only solution we could come up with that worked) in order for us to be able to connect to the server again. Rolling back the server didn't do anything. We couldn't connect to our own server but we were able to connect to other servers. We would freeze and lockup and couldn't do anything.

This is such a security flaw and TeamSpeak developers think it's nothing? You people are a joke if this is how you respond to exploits.

The problem with not being able to connect to your server is likely that you cached the chat, should have been able to avoid full reinstall by going into settings and in the chat area unchecking reload channel chat logs, if the problem was sent via PM, do the same for private chat. Or if you are more technical you can go into the chat logs on your system and remove the offending lines of chat.

Exclamation Exception error caused by nested BBCode Spam

We had a randomer guest join and crash our server by spamming the following:

removed for public

Seems like nesting bbcode image tags causes teamspeak 3 to try to throw an exception error or something of the sort.
    Last edited by dante696; May 2nd, 2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: merged

Exclamation [Freeze/Crash Exploit] Trolls are crashing my clients teamspeak!

Dear developers,

I've lost half my userbase because some people are randomly trolling my users by spamming them with some exploit messages in the channel chat.

It seems only people with the newest version are affected by this (3.0.14). Someone who had a lower version managed to screenshot and send me what they were sending to affect the teamspeak users. As this is a very potent exploit I will only share it with forum moderators, please PM me for these details. All I can say now is that it is something anybody could do and it involves using BBCode.

Please fix this as soon as possible. My users are leaving my teamspeak and the only thing I can tell them is "downgrade teamspeak"..

You can send it to me in a pm.
    I am interested into that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You can send it to me in a pm.
    I am interested into that.
    Alright, PM sent.

Guys, is this being looked into?
    Last edited by dante696; May 2nd, 2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: no bumps please and it is weekend for us

This pm is just a copy of another thread.

I wonder who could it be abusing this bug (not exploit)

Thread merged

Bug in TS that locks up clients

We had a visitor today on our TS that sent everyone a private message that cause our TS clients to stop responding.
    Everyone that got the PM had to completely uninstall TS and re-install it to get it to work again.
    Has anyone else got this? Anyway to stop it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; May 7th, 2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: merged

We do not ignore this, but we can't release version after version.
    Client 3.0.15 will now filter [img][img] tags and remove the support for base64 picture.

Thank you for this report.

Exclamation [Severe] Malicious code crashing clients

Ok so here's a quick rundown of what happened:

User joins teamspeak server, under obviously fake username "TS3Staff Ezekiel Knoll"
    User chats for a few seconds, but everyone in-channel was in-game so we didn't notice immediately
    I hear "Message received" (Text To Speech Win 8.1), and seconds later our TS3 clients stopped responding. After a long period period of time. I see image icons in a poke, but they are blank white icons.

Upon restarting TS3, it immediately stops responding. (Due to TS3 automatically reloading chat logs)
    A quick fix I used and had my guys use:
    Delete folders cache, chats, and logs, and remove all dat files. I chose all of these as precautions because teamspeak will run without them and create them as needed. On my end I zipped all files before deletion so I have a backup of them.

I also did an emergency server restart to kick him off the server long enough for me to get back in, and then banned him as soon as I was able to get back. So we have a severe issue to address.

I also have his last IP (though probably not useful) and his Unique ID (though that can be changed as well).
    Any ideas?

URL removed
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: More info

Will be fixed in 3.0.15.

This is a bug in client 3.0.14 on systems running Windows. There is/are threads on this forum adressing that topic without giving away the howto, but a quick research on google showed me, what you need to paste into chat to crash clients. Did not try it so far, because my server only serves my guild (no public access) and I do not expect anyone there to abuse this bug. So I consider myself safe.

Only way to "protect" yourself is to either revoke untrusted users (e.g. guests) the right to use chat or downgrade to client version 3.0.13.

If you already had your client crashed you might need to delete chat logs on your harddrive (inside TS folder), because even loading the old chatlogs will crash your client again.

Thread Information