Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Stuck PTT Key

Stuck PTT Key

I have discovered what I believe to be a bug.

I have not tested this with every key but I do know of a couple that this problem occurs with. Having Scroll Lock or Pause set as my PTT key, I was able to replicate this bug 100% of the time.

1. Hold down the PTT key (In this case Scroll Lock or Pause)
    2. Hold down the Ctrl key
    3. Release the PTT key
    4. Release the Ctrl key

This will cause the Teamspeak client to think the PTT key is still held down, even though it is not. Tapping the PTT key will reset it. Surprisingly this happens to me a lot on accident, and it is rather annoying because I do not realize it until someone tells me my mic is open.

I have not tested every key, but I do know that the problem does not occur with every key. Letters and F keys seem to work without any issues. I have also tested this with both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients and have tried changing the input method from Default to Keyboard and Mouse Only, and to no avail.

I realize that I can just change my PTT key to a key that works right, and that is what I will do for now. I prefer to use Scroll Lock because it tends to not interfere with anything in most of the games I play.

I replicated the issue with scroll lock on my system. I tried a few others and it did not do it. I tried caps lock, shift, alt GR. Only scroll lock got stuck.

The thing is you are using system keys for your hotkeys.
    CTRL stops some other keys but does not send the event "KEY UP".

It may be wrong and will not work. but it's nothing we can fix here.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If that were the case then shouldn't other communications software have the same problem? Teamspeak is the only one I experience this with.

What hotkey system do other "other communications software" use?
    Is it direct input as an example?

All these modes act different.
    Example:
    Set "Pause" as a hotkey in Default mode and you will see PAUSE (Keyboard) + PAUSE (Keyboard) becomes your hotkey.
    Now set the same key in mode "Keyboard & Mouse Only. The Hotkey, that was send differs now and shows )PAUSE (Keyboard) only.

We have experienced some cases, where the event "Key up" isn't send anymore.

Edit: Client 3.0.12 with Direct input enabled does not have this problem. But we do not support Direct Input anymore.
    Currently it does not look like a bug from our side. As explained above every hotkey system acts different to keys.
    Last edited by dante696; July 11th, 2014 at 09:45 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information