Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making TS3 runs under Windows 2000

The solution is a bit complicated if you are unfamiliar with dlls files but it works fine and if you follow closely the instructions you can't really go wrong.
    The fix was done for the client but it works with the server distribution too. I tested it myself with both versions.

Below is a copy of my original thread on the Win2kgaming forum ( a small community dedicated to making games and applications run under Win2k)
    http://oldcigaret.info/win2k

Teamspeak recently released a new version of teamspeak ( Client 3.0.0-beta2 ) that unfortunately requires a lot of functions unavailable in Win2K. Here's a quick guide to get the teamspeak client running.

MISSING DLL EXPORTS
    KERNEL32.dll - GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeNameW
    ws2_32.dll - getaddrinfo
    wtsapi32.dll - WTSRegisterSessionNotification
    psapi.dll - GetProcessImageFileNameW
    dbghelp.dll - MiniDumpWriteDump

How to fix it:
    Get the KERNEL32.dll, ws2_32.dll and wtsapi32.dll from the
    wrapper pack . Make sure you follow the instructions as the readme of the wrapper pack says.

Quick guide:
    1) Copy original corresponding dlls from WINNT\system32 in teamspeak main folder
    2) Rename them to kernel32_ORG.dll/wtsapi32_ORG.dll/ws2_32_ORG.dll
    3) Place kernel32.dll/wtsapi32.dll/ws2_32.dll from the wrapper zip file in the same folder
    4) Run ExcludeFromKnownDlls.reg if it's your first time using the wrapper.
    5) Get Dbghelp.dll, unzip and put it in the same folder.
    6) Get psapi.dll and put it in the same folder.
    7) Run Teamspeak Client !

WARNING: It's still strongly recommended to read the wrapper readme first before you start toying with your dlls.
    If you have any other Win2K related problem be sure to visit the Win2kGaming forum, we have fix for practically anything ranging from Crysis to GTA 4.

Fix tested and working with the last TS3 Client 32-bit 3.0.0-beta15.
    Tested with server version TeamSpeak3-Server-win32-3.0.0-beta18.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Hello,

TS3 times I wanted to pack up my Windows 2000, but unfortunately I can not download the file "psapi.dll". Can give me the one?

greating
    RavLau

A little more detail please

I am trying to follow the fix but I am getting lost on a few of the steps. I was hoping someone who understands the directions better than me could help out. Let me explain...

How to fix it:
    Get the KERNEL32.dll, ws_32.dll and wtsapi32.dll from the wrapper pack . Make sure you follow the instructions as the readme of the wrapper pack says.

>>Exactly what steps do I need to do from the wrapper pack readme file? Can someone indicate what directories they are talking about? Basically a walkthrough on how to use the wrapper before doing the latter steps would be helpful.

Quick guide:
    1) Copy original corresponding dlls from WINNT\system32 in teamspeak main folder

>>So in step 1 we are copying the dlls in the WINNT\system32 directory to my teamspeak server install directory?

2) Rename them to kernel32_ORG.dll/wtsapi32_ORG.dll/ws_32_ORG.dll

>>Where are these files that I am renaming? in WINNT\system32 or in the teamspeak server install directory or...?

3) Place kernel32.dll/wtsapi32.dll/ws_32.dll from the wrapper zip file in the same folder

>>What/where is the "same folder"? Are we referring to the teamspeak server installation directory?

4) Run ExcludeFromKnownDlls.reg if it's your first time using the wrapper.

>>This step is self explanatory enough :-)

5) Get Dbghelp.dll, unzip and put it in the same folder.

>>Where do i get Dbghelp.dll? "Same folder" meaning server install directory?

6) Get psapi.dll and put it in the same folder.

>> Where do i get psapi.dll? "Same folder" meaning server install directory?

7) Run Teamspeak Client !

>>I'd love to! hehe

Amazing work to get it to work on such old version of Windows. But from personal curiosity, why keep such a stoneage operating system?

Quote Originally Posted by naitsirk View Post
    Amazing work to get it to work on such old version of Windows. But from personal curiosity, why keep such a stoneage operating system?
    Well in my case, I still owned a license for windows 2000 professional back when it was the latest and greatest. When i build my server computer, it made sense to use that license and operating system instead of paying 100 bucks for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by piggdiggler View Post
    Well in my case, I still owned a license for windows 2000 professional back when it was the latest and greatest. When i build my server computer, it made sense to use that license and operating system instead of paying 100 bucks for a new one.
    True that. But I would rather give a modern linux dist a try, but that's yet again personal choise. Never been fond of windows software on servers.

Quote Originally Posted by naitsirk View Post
    True that. But I would rather give a modern linux dist a try, but that's yet again personal choise. Never been fond of windows software on servers.
    Agreed. I have dabbled with Ubuntu but just don't possess the knowledge with it as I do with windows. I can usually fix Windows issues lol except for this. At any rate, the TS3 server software states it runs on windows 2000 in the requirements..so...why doesn't it run??? I understand it's still beta...

Update

Fix tested and working with the last TS3 Client 32-bit 3.0.0-beta22.

If you have questions or comments, please refer to the Window 2000 gaming forum.

Hi,

I hardly understand English I have to translate everything on google, but this translation, I do not understand why it would be very nice if someone could translate to German.

Greeting
    RavLau

We have a sub-forum in german if you need. You can read some explanations about the wrapper files and asks questions there.

This thread is now sticky. Seems many users still use Windows 2000.

I tried to follow the tutorial but now it just throws up a different error related to w32_2.dll.

Can someone either please clarify these instructions in more detail or tell us all how they got it working.

I got the wrapper to install successfully but I couldn't copy the dbghelp.dll or psapi.dll to the System32 folder.

Am I doing it wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Question Win 2kPro / TS3 and getaddrinfo error.

Hey TS'ers.
    I've come into a problem tryin to install and get running TS3 on win 2kPro.
    I've search the forums for quite some time. The guide for installing ts3 on win2kpro is great, but doesnt cover minor or major issues. so here's mine.
    when i double click the shortcut for TS3 i get "the prodecure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library ws2_32.dll"
    This is a fresh install of both Win 200 Pro, and TS3.
    I am using No-IP, and all ports have been forwarded.
    really stumped here. any thoughts.
    Vamps

Looks like all available resources from this old thread absolutely no longer work.
    Is there any fix now or in the future for windows2000 users?
    Is this the end of the line for windows2000 users?
    Same issue as vamps the poster above me.
    It would be appreciative of the admins or whomever to let us know either way.
    I will patiently wait 10 days for a reply.
    After that. Teamspeak will have to be put in limbo forever.

A Mirror To This Guide And More Problems

Here is a mirror of this guide https://www.snork.ca/?p=834 has all the files and what not
    also i used the guide it works great thanks arkan

But !
    when i was done installing i installed direct x 8.0
    When i installed direct x 8.0 i get an error in Kernel32_ORG.DLL the one u copy from your WINNT\System32 directory and rename Kernel32_ORG.DLL

The Procedure entry point HeapQueryInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32_ORG.DLL

Not sure what that means but im going to try a few things here and see whats up

Oh yeah on another note My Sound And Mic were not being detected i have Realtek Hd Audio output and input not being detected the program said when i tried to play test sound

Thread Information