Forum

Thumbs down (XP) Can't Assign HotKey On JoyStick

Hello ... I have a CH Product Analog (15 pin) Combat Stick with 7 Buttons. I am running WinXP Pro 32 bit ... I have a CMedia sound card. When I go through the setup wizard and get to assigning the hotkey to talk I click on the "no hotkey assign" button and try pressing the button on my joystick, but nothing happens. I checked it in the game controller in the control panel and the button does work when I test it. Teamspeak doesn't seem to see the joystick at all. This is the first time using teamspeak with this rig so I don't have any info on whether or not it worked before. It will assign a hotkey with the keyboard and mouse, but not the joystick which is where I need it. Please advise.
    Last edited by Chris; April 14th, 2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: strip superfluous formatting

Angry (XP) Can't set Hotkey to game controller

Hello, I am having trouble with Teamspeak.

I am trying to link a button on my Logitech Momo racing wheel for the push to talk. I am on a Windows XP Home Premium 32bit.

If i start up TeamSpeak and go to settings, and try setting the hotkey, i will hit the button on the wheel and it will say it is selected. But it wont go away, i have to hit a button on the keyboard or mouse etc.. for it accept the hotkey, like
    (Wheel Button 1 + Mouse button 1) i can't just have it like (Wheel Button 1) but i can do this (Mouse button 1) or any other button on the keyboard/mouse. And after i hit the button on the wheel just once and try to set the hotkey again it won't pick up that button anymore unless i restart teamspeak. This is really annoying... please help me

Is this report from client 3.0.14?

Can you assign Hotkeys with client 3.0.13.1 or is it the same?
    http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.0.13.1/
    Do you see any erros in your client log (Tools > Client Log)?
    Last edited by dante696; April 15th, 2014 at 07:17 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Sorry for not posting that ... it is the 3.0.14.

I had 3 questions, not only this one.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Arrow Sorry ... my bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I had 3 questions, not only this one.
    I tried the 3.0.13.1 with the same results ... I checked the log, but saw nothing indicating an error.

I'm having the same problem as spirittoo.
    I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro.
    I'm not sure what version of Teamspeak I have been using before, but it has worked fine for a long time.
    It kept telling me to upgrade. So I finally broke down and got the new version today and got this new problem.
    If spirittoo is who I think they are, we are in the same boat. We fly helicopters and need a push to talk button
    on our joysticks since our hands and feet are busy.
    Version 3014 is making the trouble.

Yep ... I fly helicopters and need that button on the joystick to work ...

Well sir ... it looks like I'm in trouble if the techs at teamspeak can't help me out ...

Windows XP is no more supported by Microsoft, I think the TS team must be stop the support for this old OS.

Send with Tapatalk 4 from Xiaomi Mi-2s

I certainly hope not ... there are a lot of us XP users still around and will be for quite some time. And an earlier poster gives me the indication they do support XP. However, if this is the case and TS no longer supports XP please let me know. Thanks for reading my post.

Since no one has replied about supporting XP I have to guess that they do, but just don't know how to solve this particular problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Toine View Post
    Windows XP is no more supported by Microsoft, I think the TS team must be stop the support for this old OS.
    There is no decision about that for our product.

The problem about the hotkeys are following.
    We made several changes in the hoktey system in different client versions and can not say, what is broken, if the client from 1 year ago does work, but the curren't doens't anymore.
    It would be better if you could say "3.0.7 works, but 3.0.8 doesnt anymore" as an example.

You could try following:
    1. Make a backup of your current client config folder
    %appdata%\TS3Client
    or
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config

2. Install the old client first
    http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/

3. Update to the next version from
    http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/
    Install the client you have used

4. Create a hotkey and test it.

5. Send us Feedback about it and maybe we can find and fix something here.

I don't know if it helps anyone (no experience with any of the joysticks mentioned) but with my Saitek I assigned a keyboard key through the Teamspeak client, then assigned a joystick button to that key using the joystick configuration software

I will check out the old client and see what happens I will get back with feedback asap.

Thread Information