Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Option To Have Sound Events/Scripts Go Through Speakers

It would be nice if Teamspeak 3 had the option to play sound events/scripts through computer speakers but still be able to use the headset for talking to people. Right now, you can only set it up to hear both voice chat and sound events together but can't split it. It would be nice to hear when someone logs into your channel while you're away from your keyboard. Also, pokes are useless if you're away since the sound events for that come out of your headset. Only workaround is to setup the playback settings when you're gonna go away but if people come into that channel and start talking, it can get annoying since you hear everything through your speakers. I just wish there was a way to separate these events like Ventrilo does. If anyone knows of any plugins that might solve my problem, let me know otherwise I'm considering hosting a Ventrilo server instead of a teamspeak server just for that feature.
    Last edited by dante696; January 15th, 2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: merged

Separate audio output for Voice and Sound pack

In Settings-Options-Playback you can change volume for 'voice' and 'sound pack', but you can't choose a different audio output device individually. I'd like the ability to have things like poke/join/leave notifications come out of my speakers while voice chat remains in my headset. Please?

That is a fantastic idea. I wish I could do that, I can with skype. Change the ringer device vs voice device. This would be a great addition to the settings.

----------- merged -------------

Now I have a second sound card as of last night. I have skype set to broadcast ringers and status messages to speakers and my default for everything else is the onboard high-def card with my earphones plugged in. I would love to have "Message received" "User joined your channel" play through the speakers.

----------- merged #2-------------

It is standard in many other voice communication programs, yet missing in TeamSpeak 3.
    Last edited by dante696; June 5th, 2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: no reason to bump...

Thanks for the bump and information about skype. I used to be a ventrilo user and its an option on that program too. It doesn't look like a lot of coding to add to TS3. Pretty please?

Thumbs up I second this motion

Quote Originally Posted by Burtlee View Post
    In Settings-Options-Playback you can change volume for 'voice' and 'sound pack', but you can't choose a different audio output device individually. I'd like the ability to have things like poke/join/leave notifications come out of my speakers while voice chat remains in my headset. Please?
    I would love to have this capability as well.... It's fantastic that we can control the volume of voice vs. notification sounds separately.... Now we just need the capability to change the audio output individually as well... As mentioned by the OP I would like to have voices come through my headset but notification noises come out of the loud speakers. This sounds like a pretty realistic feature request IMHO... Thanks!!!!

I would like that.

Question Choose different audio output for notifications & voice

Hello teamspeak-team,

i am using teamspeak for years now and i am missing only one little feature today:

I have headset and speakers connected to my computer. Teamspeak 3 is set to headset output.
    Now i have the problem, that i do not hear the notifications, when someone joins and headset is not used.

I would like to be able to choose 'audio output 1' for voice/communication and 'audio output 2' for notifications like 'someone has connected/disconnected/joined the channel'.

This would make teamspeak perfect for me. As feedback i can say that server and client are quite perfect today!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

I remember this has once been suggested. Not sure what the result was. Feel free to use search.

Seperate sounds troughg different audio drivers.

Hi I have suggestion witch I think will improve Teamspeak.

I suggest a feature like skype has where I can run the playback and Capture via 1 audio driver, But poke/alert sounds via other audio driver.

Example:
    I have usb wireless headset and a Audio card with speakers connected to them.
    I am always on teamspeak but not always with my headset on. Now a poke sound will go unnoticed since i am not wearing my headset. So i would like to have setting where i can say play poke sound via capture device xx.

I have used several poke plugins but none of them does this (if i missed one please do tell me)

I hope it will be considered for implantation
    Last edited by dante696; January 15th, 2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information