Forum

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Execute the following commands via ServerQuery to resolve the issue:

Code:
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1 
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1

I get the below error...

Help please

TS3
    Welcome to the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface, type "help" for a list of commands and "help <command>" for information on a specific command.
    login serveradmin @@@@@@@@@
    error id=0 msg=ok
    use port=9987
    error id=0 msg=ok
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=168

I followed the guide here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...t-Server-Query

Received an ok status on the final command (so everything processed correctly).
    I even checked to make sure permissions have changed(YATQA).
    Yet, the spammer was still able to attack.

One issue is, I don't even know how to re-create what this spammer is doing.
    The only way to know if what you are doing is effective is if you wait 10 minutes for him to spam you again.
    I even attempted to disable server query login for guests, and he was still able to spam me...

1 hour later when diving into the above permission non-sense, I just hard IP banned him at the firewall level.
    To much time wasted.
    I can confirm the IP above was one of the three he was using to spam my server.
    Are we allowed to post the rest of his IP's as I would gladly like to share them?
    I will also report this spammer to digital ocean, as he now has me a bit agitated.

Warfront1

I did everything as described. I logged in with server query and executed the commands ScP told us but I still have the issues with the spam...

Hello,

Also I have for some days the problem that
    With me very massive this message is sent to all my visitors
    These are so annoying that my server is becoming emptier

I have the commands of ScP executed however without success I have 4 times now already changed the query password but without success the only thing I only in the mind is an IP change but that should not be sense of the whole ...

This must be a nice attack ...

Excuse me for my bad english ...

Greeting Septron

If ScPs commands don't have an effect, then your server probably wasn't updated properly way back during the beta of the server in early 2010 when we introduced auto update of permissions.
    You can use the commands posted here: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...274#post403274 instead, those should work regardless.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If ScPs commands don't have an effect, then your server probably wasn't updated properly way back during the beta of the server in early 2010 when we introduced auto update of permissions.
    You can use the commands posted here: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...274#post403274 instead, those should work regardless.
    How can the server not be updated properly? Iīve always updated it by replacing the old server files with the latest ones in the teamspeak directory. The server even tells me that it runs on version 3.0.13.6 (08.11.2016 09:48:33).

Is there anything else we can do? Re-installing and setting up the whole teamspeak without using the backups would take forever with a teamspeak which exists for 6-7 years now :/

Edit: I also tried the commands you linked in the last post but unfortunately they didnīt work either

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    How can the server not be updated properly? Iīve always updated it by replacing the old server files with the latest ones in the teamspeak directory. The server even tells me that it runs on version 3.0.13.6 (08.11.2016 09:48:33).

Is there anything else we can do? Re-installing and setting up the whole teamspeak without using the backups would take forever with a teamspeak which exists for 6-7 years now :/
    Well back in the old days, some updates required manual action, for example to set some permissions (as is the case for the auto update of permissions to work which ScPs commands rely on).

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Edit: I also tried the commands you linked in the last post but unfortunately they didnīt work either
    If all of those responded with "error id=0 msg=ok" they should've worked.

You can try this on the query:

Code:
    use port=9987
    sendtextmessage targetmode=2 target=1 msg=Spam!
    sendtextmessage targetmode=3 target=1 msg=Spam!
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I just put the IP of the spammer to the query_ip_blacklist.txt file in the ts3-server directory (138.197.79.53 in my case) which seems to work. No more spam messages so far. If I receive more of them in the future Iīll try the query you told us

Thank you anyway for the help!

Server Adverts spam

Hello,

since a few days my ts server gets spammed with adverts.
    Is it possible to disable this ? because its very annoying to all my users.

greetz GermanY

Hello,

The IP to the blacklist would be useful but this does not work if the so-called spammer a gap exploits the it allows him with a basic IP of a php script uses what perhaps on its own server is thus one bans its own server ...

And this spammer has done this with me the only thing that has helped with me even though my Teamspeak has been active since 2008 a complete reinstallation.

Annoying is already when you have already added much to its server or some groups had but what to do so is the now times so you can at least completely clean up once

Greeting Septron

Our current problem is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spam.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	14981

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If all of those responded with "error id=0 msg=ok" they should've worked.

You can try this on the query:

Code:
    use port=9987
    sendtextmessage targetmode=2 target=1 msg=Spam!
    sendtextmessage targetmode=3 target=1 msg=Spam!
    Did everything what was recommded in Post#1 and get "error id=0 msg=ok" after each command.

sendtextmessage targetmode=2 target=1 msg=Spam! = nothing happen
    sendtextmessage targetmode=3 target=1 msg=Spam! = got the message "Spam!" by serveradmin in public channel

Any ideas?

Server version is 3.0.13.6 (Linux)
    THX in advance
    Webdancer

System apparently hacked by another website

I have been getting spam in the ts directed at the admins of my server. I run a ts server for my clan and just recently started receiving this,
    <20.09.44>"Server".Monitor your TS3 server or game server,custom your banner and more stats:*AdLink Removed*
    <20.09.45>"Server".Monitor your TS3 server or game server,custom your banner and more stats:*AdLink Removed*
    <20.09.45>"Server".Monitor your TS3 server or game server,custom your banner and more stats:*AdLink Removed*
    <20.10.51>Chat partner disconnevter out of view.

I am not sure how to stop this intrusion, I have looked thru the program and cannot find where they have entered the program or how they took control. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chris; February 15th, 2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: rankscr removed

Hi guys, I managed to fix mine as well.

We were all getting spammed with :

Monitor your TS3 server or game server, custom your banner and more stats : http://ranksr.com

From all the reading that I did I came to the conclusion that the new version does solve the issue. But only for a fresh install. If you upgraded (which is always the best thing to do) then it still keeps all the permission structures.

So here is how I fixed our server.

While you are connected to your server :

1.) Go to "Tools".
    2.) Go to "ServerQuery Login".
    3.) Create an username and take note of the password that it generates.
    4.) Open Putty ( I assume you already have putty installed ) if not - http://www.putty.org/.
    5.) Connect to your server but choose the "Telnet" option and change the port to "10011".
    6.) Once you are connected type the following : login username password from step 3
    7.) Once you get the "error id=0 msg=ok" message go ahead and run the following query :

//
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanen t permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_perman ent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_ send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage _power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    //
    (Without the // ofcourse)

This worked for me, I am no TS expert. I just thought I would share my experience with this.
    Last edited by Chris; February 14th, 2017 at 07:27 AM.

@Septron: I can only tell that it actually worked really well for me. I havenīt received any spam message since I put him onto the blacklist. Iīm happy that I currently donīt have to make a full re-install of the server.

@Soulassassin: Iīm glad that you fixed your problem aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Soulassassin View Post
    Hi guys, I managed to fix mine as well.

We were all getting spammed with :

Monitor your TS3 server or game server, custom your banner and more stats : http://ranksr.com

From all the reading that I did I came to the conclusion that the new version does solve the issue. But only for a fresh install. If you upgraded (which is always the best thing to do) then it still keeps all the permission structures.

So here is how I fixed our server.

While you are connected to your server :

1.) Go to "Tools".
    2.) Go to "ServerQuery Login".
    3.) Create an username and take note of the password that it generates.
    4.) Open Putty ( I assume you already have putty installed ) if not - http://www.putty.org/.
    5.) Connect to your server but choose the "Telnet" option and change the port to "10011".
    6.) Once you are connected type the following : login username password from step 3
    7.) Once you get the "error id=0 msg=ok" message go ahead and run the following query :

//
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanen t permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_perman ent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_ send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage _power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    //
    (Without the // ofcourse)

This worked for me, I am no TS expert. I just thought I would share my experience with this.
    This command doesn't work, I have multiple server instances running. I've entered the commands from ScP for all instances, but somehow the message is still appearing. The IP associated to the user doing this translates to mail.tsviewer.com??
    Is there any way to definitively stop these messages? They poke users.

Thread Information