Forum

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Query creates channels, send messages or pokes users

The reason why this is possible on your server(s) is not a bug. It's permission related.

Your server allows to send messages or pokes or create channels via ServerQuery Guest group. This is the one you get when you connect to a server via telnet without sending any login command.
    You need to change the permissions once (when your server was started for the first time before version 3.0.11.2.)
    Just updating the server will not solve the problem. Set permissions don't get changed during an update.

Here are the steps to restrict the Guest Query to abuse your server for spam (chat, pokes and via channel name).

1. Update your server to the latest version.
    http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

2. Login into the ServerQuery interface via telnet / putty to change the permissions in the next step.
    How to use the ServerQuery
    Ask your Admin or Hoster in case you don't have access to the ServeQuery and/or the serveradmin login.

3. Perform these 3 commands in telnet/putty (replace yourpasswordhere with your own password and ANY_ACTIVE_PORT with the voice port of your server (9987 is default))
    Code:
    login serveradmin yourpasswordhere
    Code:
    use port=ANY_ACTIVE_PORT
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    4. You did well when you read error id=0 msg=ok after each command. There is nothing more you need to do here.

(Optional Hint:
    It could be that this Query still can send pokes and chats to users who own a i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power & i_client_needed_poke_power with a value lower than 0. You have to raise these values to 0 at least to avoid spam for them.)
    Last edited by dante696; February 22nd, 2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Thread overtake

Disable create temporary channels, TS3-POLISH.PL looking for people on other communicators is a very bad example of such Teamspeak should block licenses because this practice in Poland is very common. Only you can stretch to the administration about the situation and report to the person responsible for the domain.

"see in the logs the IP of the person who created the channels and insert to the black list"

pozdrawiam.

What do you mean with "this practise in poland is very common"? What happens behind the scene? Why are people trying to hijack Teamspeak users to leave their home server and join the hijackers' server? Is it because people want users, users, and more users out of need of recognition, or are they planting malware on their servers, luring the unsuspecting users to install that?

Schlumpi, as you said :P

When i was total novice i didnt block whisper so people came to my server and then they just whisper to everyone message like " IP SERVER CHANGE: *NEW IP* "
    They can even ask you too create them a private channel (as common user) and then they rename it when admins are afk to message like above.

But why are they are doing this? What is the reason?

Fix:
    Client Permissions -> In Unique ID write ServerQuery -> search for "create" -> enable create temporary channels -> click in the box to remove the check -> profit

GIF: http://gyazo.com/04b84fae51cdf366469c2d228d7b2f43

serveradmin creates channels

Something strange happened on my teamspeak server.
    A user (supposedly) created channels using the "serveradmin", while I'm positive they don't have the password.

This is just part of the log:

Code:
    2014-04-28 12:27:39.138940|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #820'(id:77379) created by 'serveradmin'(id:5)
    2014-04-28 12:27:39.149617|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #819'(id:77378) deleted by 'server'(id:0)
    2014-04-28 12:27:41.551846|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #821'(id:77380) created by 'serveradmin'(id:5)
    2014-04-28 12:27:41.565922|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #820'(id:77379) deleted by 'server'(id:0)
    2014-04-28 12:27:44.019206|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #822'(id:77381) created by 'serveradmin'(id:5)
    2014-04-28 12:27:44.031763|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #821'(id:77380) deleted by 'server'(id:0)
    2014-04-28 12:27:46.492726|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| channel 'New TS3:IPxx.xx.xx.xx #823'(id:77382) created by 'serveradmin'(id:5)
    How could I prevent this from happening?

Read whole log.

The channels are created by the user with the id 5, who has apparently assigned the nickname "serveradmin" to himself. He creates temporary channels, since they are immediately deleted by the server when the user leaves the channel. In the default permission setup, even guests can create temporary channels.
    If you set a global server password, he knows it. Or he is member of a group that ignores server passwords. He may also connect via server query - that part is unknown, since you only posted the channel creation log entries and nothing more.

What you can do:
    - delete that user
    - set or change the server password
    - change the permissions so that guests are unable to create temporary channels
    - ban the name "serveradmin" (not the user, but the name, so no one is able to use this as nickname - but that does not prevent users from choosing other interesting names - see http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...370#post223370)
    - if he logged in as the server query admin, change the server query admin password and ask yourself how he was able to acquire that password

Good catch. I missed the word "deleted" at a first read.

"serveradmin" is used for ServerQuery, by bots such as Gametracker, tsviewer, etc.
    This is NOT a user, and he does NOT join the server.
    The provided log is the WHOLE log.

On "What can I do":
    - mentioned it above
    - no server password (public TS)
    - since it's a public TS, everyone can create temp channels.
    - as I said, no such user connects.
    - I am possitive that they don't have it, but i'll change it just in case.

Solution found:

Permissions -> Client Permissions -> Drag & Drop client here or enter client unique ID: -> Search for - ServerQuery -> b_channel_create_temporary ->
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/a3ntpy.jpg

spam on the server

What is this garbage on the server is turned off server query and serveradmin but also Poles somehow spam
    Screenshot
    how to get rid of it?

Last edited by dante696; April 29th, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: merged

No BUG!

Please block that IP from this user in your firewall!
    Or ask your provider to do.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    No BUG!

Please block that IP from this user in your firewall!
    Or ask your provider to do.
    Not a bug, yeah! If this is not a bug why the user ID ​ServerQuery?
    client://113/ServerQuery~serveradmin

Thread Information