Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Mariusz here from tsviewer.com

This messages are not comming from my service but the ts3 client does make it wrongly look that way.

Let me explain:
    When an query client connects, sends you a message and disconnects you get the message at the bottom in your ts3 client and it does show the ip address, a name and the content of the message. So far everything good with that. But when now an another query client connects (for example from my service), the ts3 client will replace in the previous chat window the ip address and name and will say ("Unknown from 94.23.235.222" rejoined the chat) but thats not correct.

If you take a look into the query log of your server or in the protocol inside the client you can find out the ip of the spammer. In the chat window there is only the last query client shown and this could be different ip addresses (TSViewer, mobile apps, service like mine, etc.).

In the following chat protocol i connected with the ts3 client to my teamspeak 3 server ts3.tsviewer.com and then opened also an query client connection and send myself an message with the text content "test". Soon after that the TSViewer.com scanner connected to scan the server (he joined from 127.0.0.1 since the ts3 server and the scanner are on the same machine) and the ts3 client says mistakenly the tsviewer.com scanner rejoined the chat. Afterthat there is an connection from another ip address (46.105.xxx.xxx, no idea who this was) and then the ts3 client says again mistakenly that this client rejoined the chat.

Chat protocol:
    <16:58:22> "Unknown from 188.96.80.186:53454": test
    <16:58:38> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <16:58:51> "Unknown from 127.0.0.1:22974" rejoined chat.
    <16:58:51> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <17:00:48> "Unknown from 127.0.0.1:32097" rejoined chat.
    <17:00:48> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <17:01:44> "Unknown from 46.105.160.177:50410" rejoined chat.
    <17:01:44> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <17:01:47> "Unknown from 127.0.0.1:36686" rejoined chat.
    <17:01:47> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <17:03:04> "Unknown from 127.0.0.1:42268" rejoined chat.
    <17:03:04> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <17:04:58> "Unknown from 127.0.0.1:51283" rejoined chat.
    <17:04:58> Your chat partner has disconnected.

This shows there is something not working right in the ts3 client regarding chat messages from query clients and its not obvious that it works that way.

Every query client is the same, there is no distinction between them and it doesn't make much sense to distinguish between them.
    The only way to get into the situation you have there is if a not logged in query sends you a message, which with the correct default permissions isn't even possible.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

We are also having this problem, have run the following commands all with success but still the problem persists.

Code:
    login serveradmin PASSWORD
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    Code:
    use port=9989
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanen t permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_perman ent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_ send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage _power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    Code:
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1 
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Webdancer View Post
    Did everything what was recommded in Post#1 and get "error id=0 msg=ok" after each command.

sendtextmessage targetmode=2 target=1 msg=Spam! = nothing happen
    sendtextmessage targetmode=3 target=1 msg=Spam! = got the message "Spam!" by serveradmin in public channel

Any ideas?

Server version is 3.0.13.6 (Linux)
    THX in advance
    Webdancer
    You're logged in, of course you're allowed to send messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragonz View Post
    Please help
    Enable query logging and post the log.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Yesterday - https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4fq4b0ghl7xj5t/ts31.txt?dl=0
    Today - https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5ekdbhio9ha48w/ts32.txt?dl=0

I'm afraid I dont know how to enable query logging but from the logs it may already be on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragonz View Post
    Yesterday - https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4fq4b0ghl7xj5t/ts31.txt?dl=0
    Today - https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5ekdbhio9ha48w/ts32.txt?dl=0

I'm afraid I dont know how to enable query logging but from the logs it may already be on?
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by docs

6. Commandline Parameters

Commandline parameters are passed to the TeamSpeak 3 Server using the form:
    ts3server <parameter1>=<value1> [<parameter2>=<value2>] ...

*snip*

logquerycommands (1)
    If set to “1”, the server will log every ServerQuery command executed by clients. This can be
    useful while trying to diagnose several different issues.
    Default: ServerQuery commands will not be logged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Every query client is the same, there is no distinction between them and it doesn't make much sense to distinguish between them.
    The only way to get into the situation you have there is if a not logged in query sends you a message, which with the correct default permissions isn't even possible.
    Okay, but then can you please explain the correct permissions? I've executed all commands available on this thread, and the messages are still appearing...

Not just me, a lot of other users as well, by the look of this thread. All seem to get the same message.

Code:
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    Code:
    use port=9989
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanen t permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_perman ent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_ send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage _send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage _power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    Code:
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1 
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=20 permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    I've run these commands for all virtual servers running, but it doesn't stop the query account from sending messages to users.

Quote Originally Posted by jo0lz View Post
    I've run these commands for all virtual servers running, but it doesn't stop the query account from sending messages to users.
    See post 184ff

Does not work

Tried this and I get
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=162

Spam bot help

Spam bot comes into my teamspeak3 server. Spams

<21:20:21> "Server": Monitor your TS3 server or game server, custom your banner and more stats : *AdLink removed*
    <21:20:23> "Server": Monitor your TS3 server or game server, custom your banner and more stats : *AdLink removed*
    <21:20:24> "Server": Monitor your TS3 server or game server, custom your banner and more stats : *AdLink removed*

<21:20:28> This ServerQuery client did not register for the private text message event using "servernotifyregister event=textprivate". The text message was not received.
    <21:22:06> Chat partner disconnected out of view.

I try too ban I get <21:21:38> missing required parameter <-------

I also tried all the telnet logging in thru Serverquery login and putting in cmd whats below and it states I do not have access, Currently im the server owner. sad.

login serveradmin yourpasswordhere

use port=ANY_ACTIVE_PORT

Please help, Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Chris; February 15th, 2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: removed links

Hi everyone.

I have had the same issue with the advertisement from ranksr as most other people here.
    I ended up just blocking the IP range in my iptables

I've tried to contact the ranksr team but they just ignore and delete the messages even when threatened with legal actions.
    The server itself is hosted Canada from a hosting company called cogecopeer1 and I've sent them an abuse email and will try to contact them though their mail/live chat support in the morning.

Canada have a pretty good anti spam law that should fit right in here.
    You can report all spam services that don't have an option to "Unsubscribe".

Final solution should never be "Well just block them in your iptables".

I will come back with a report once i've contacted their hosting company if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Tried this and I get
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=162
    One of the following is true:
    - You're not logged in
    - You're not logged in as the correct user
    - Your permission are seriously screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoccE View Post
    I've tried to contact the ranksr team but they just ignore and delete the messages even when threatened with legal actions.
    Well of course they ignore any messages regarding this. They're doing this on purpose to generate traffic and get visibility.

Spammers

Hello, I'm getting spammers on my TS3 server a lot lately and I cant even ban them as they shown as Server and I get error msg "missing required parameter". https://s28.postimg.org/n6xj3o8n1/spam.png

Well, then they obviously know your "serveradmin" password or can execute "gm" for some other reason. See log for more details.

Thread Information