Forum

Teamspeak not responding when in-game, causing voice to cut-out

I've been experiencing this problem for a few months now, and I've searched all around for similar threads, and have tried several different things to try and fix it but to no avail. My voice cuts out CONSTANTLY, because teamspeak does not respond / freezes at random intervals.

I have port forwarded TS3, allowed it through any and all firewalls, because I thought it was a lag / latency thing, but I think it is something entirely different.

It seems that when I am playing a video game (and sometimes at other moments) teamspeak completely freezes (not responding). I can tell because if I try to alt-tab to the teamspeak window, it often won't respond for 5 to 10 seconds before it lets me type / queue my push-to-talk button or anything of the sort.

This is why people are hearing my voice cut-out or lag when I'm trying to speak. It seems that when I say something, and stop queuing my mic, the "not-responding" will happen, causing my mic to not be able to queue up, and I (without knowing) will queue my mic and speak, and TS3 finally responds mid sentence and people hear half of what I wanted to say.

This problem has been plaguing me for a while now, and it is incredibly frustrating. Especially because I am trying to raid lead for a guild in an MMO.

I have completely uninstalled, searched the registry for anything that says TS3 or Teamspeak and removed them, and completely re-installed teamspeak all together. I have also tried the 32 bit AND 64 bit versions, both ran as administrator, and still it continues to freeze up whilst I am mid-game.

Hoping some of you peeps can help me with this problem! Thanks for anyone who pitches in.

EDIT: I've also gone into the properties and set it to always run as administrator, and I've tried running it in different compatibility formats, also to no avail.

I don't know about this problem, but maybe it helps to set a higher CPU priority for TeamSpeak. To do this, open the task manager, go to processes tab right click on the TeamSpeak process and set priority to 'above normal' or 'high'. Hope this helps.

Note: this is only a temporary change, you need to set this every time you open TeamSpeak.

What's your Computer specs?

Quote Originally Posted by hnd11 View Post
    What's your Computer specs?
    16 GB RAM
    Intel Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.4ghz
    GTX 660 TI GPU
    Seagate 7200 RPM 300 GB
    HyperX 120 GB SSD

Still a problem . Anyone with any ideas?

Thread Information