Forum

Thread: Server freezes

Solved Server freezes

Hello,

my TeamSpeak server has a strange issue.

Since a few days is my server running like each other, but sometimes he has the issue, that connected clients can't join other channels, send text- or pokemessages or some other interactions with the server. After 5 minutes the clients are getting a connection lost. Clients which try to connect to the server, while other clients are still connected are just getting the error message: Can not connect to server.

The server process does still exists and the ts3server_startscript.sh reports with the parameter "status", that the server is running. If I try to restart the server with the ts3server_startscript.sh script, the script can't restart it. It just returns the normal output with endless points... But the "stop" and "start" parameter works.

The process has the same state like each other process and is no zombie or something like this.

I've installed a firewall, but also if I deactivate it and allow everything: It is not possible to connect to the server.

The ports, which are used by the TS server are also open and used by the server process. The log files of the TS server is not reporting any issues and my Debian server has also no issues reported anywhere.

If I use the ts3server_startscript.sh with stop and start as parameter, the server is working normal and clients are able to connect. But what's the issue? I don't understand it...

Are there any solutions or workarounds? I don't want to restart the server each day manually.

No server version, No OS, No server logs, Nothing about connection quality, No CPU usage during this.
    You may deliver a bit more than this.

Maybe someone does a DDOS etc. -->> Just a guess
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I have this same issue, Log files show nothing, CPU usage is around 10% (with a few TF2 servers and a minecraft server also running on the box, although mostly empty at the time). RAM usage is normal.

My server company's management panel shows no spikes in bandwidth, no packet loss because the people in the TF2 server at the time were having no issues playing, just a drop from the TS clients being lost. The only fix is to cycle Teamspeak on and off, it's happened 3 times now. I just set up ulimit so I can get a core dump by killing the process next time like the sticky suggests.

TS Version: 3.0.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    No server version, No OS, No server logs, Nothing about connection quality, No CPU usage during this.
    You may deliver a bit more than this.
    I'm sorry, I forgot some information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebi94 View Post
    The log files of the TS server is not reporting any issues and my Debian server has also no issues reported anywhere.
    Server OS: Debian Wheezy (all updates are installed)
    Version of TS Server: 3.0.10.3
    Connection quality: I would say "perfect". (Scroll down for more information.)
    CPU usage: Always lesser than 60 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Maybe someone does a DDOS etc. -->> Just a guess
    No, my bandwidth has just a usage of 0,1 percent. That's nothing and that's the usual usage.

Quote Originally Posted by nalyD View Post
    My server company's management panel shows no spikes in bandwidth, no packet loss because the people in the TF2 server at the time were having no issues playing, just a drop from the TS clients being lost.
    On my server is a minecraft server running and there appears exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nalyD View Post
    The only fix is to cycle Teamspeak on and off, it's happened 3 times now. I just set up ulimit so I can get a core dump by killing the process next time like the sticky suggests.
    Mhmm... I am currently debugging each associated software to my TeamSpeak server. If I should find the wrongdoer I will update this thread.

I moved MineCraft to another box yesterday and the crash happened again this morning about an hour ago, but I didn't hear my phone so my cohorts decided to restart the box since they don't know how to restart teamspeak....

Gotta wait a few more days for it to die again now...

Just because the N in "No server logs" is not bold, it doesn't mean you are not allowed to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Just because the N in "No server logs" is not bold, it doesn't mean you are not allowed to post them.
    You rascal ;D

Please provide server logs, maybe they will provide more informations.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I found the wrongdoer: It was the software "SteamPeak", which was checking ~10500 times in 24 hours the state of each client on the server.

I've deactivated and blocked the serverquery/ip of this service and since this time, my server is running normal.

Thread Information