Forum

Channel Sort Permission Help

Hello everyone. I have searched up a few topics regarding permissions and channel sort, but wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Very similar to this topic, I want all guest created channels to automatically be created under a certain channel without giving them the option to sort or modify. Is this possible? Below is a screenshot of my server.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_11052014_162541.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	10520

I want the guest created channels to automatically be created under the "Temporary Channels." Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I moved that channel shown in the image to the Temporary Channels manually.

Yes there is a way and its pretty simple. All you have to do is revoke the rights to create channels from the guest server group and grant them on the channel instead, but also make sure that i_channel_min_depth is 1 so they have to create a sub channel and also that b_channel_create_child is enabled. This will force them to make a sub channel under temporary channels. Then you can also write a helpful message in the description in the temporary channels section header

Hello itteam. I'm sorry, but can you post images or guide me on how to do this? I am new with the permissions stuff. Thanks!

Also, do you have any suggestions on what I should rename the Temporary Channels to (if I should)? I know people these days only read what's shown and don't really like reading into things, so I want to make it clear to them that channels should be created there. I don't want to name it something like "GUEST-CREATED CHANNELS GO HERE!" or something though... I hope you understand where I'm trying to get at.

First of all, make sure that the guest group has the channel create permissions like this... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	146df07b79e2c893007599cffbb9a67d.png 
Views:	464 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	10528. When you have done that, set them on the temp channels channel like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4036a1615fa9ed7fa869155fb9e34101.png 
Views:	433 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	10529

Thank you very much, itteam! I have configured everything to the images you have provided and tested. It is working the way I wanted now. I just hope this will not force guests to find a new server and that they actually read. Regardless, thank you!

Thread Information