Forum

Improve host banner feature

Hi!

Can you add the canvas (html5) support for the host banner (without sound).

This would be usefull to provide dynamic images and links for promotional events.

Currently we got the GFX feature, but we can't provide one link per image and this system is not usefull, clients are not synchronized.

Thank you, Toine
    Last edited by Toine; May 17th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

This will not be added.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hum... ok, but why?

negligible gain in exchange for a lot of potential issues, not to mention that canvas is client side drawing, which in turn would require JavaScript support in the client. Nothing we will do.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Improve Host banner with JSON support

Hi!

Recently i have requested about canvas, i understand why you wont implement this feature and i respect your choice.

So I come back with a more successful proposal and seems easier to implement.

JSON is what is easier to manage images, it is easy to deal with whatever the language, does not allow unwanted interactions.

So what we could do is call the url example.com/ts3_gfx which broadcast a list of images that could be associated with a destination url, like this.

PHP Code:
    {
      {
    "img":"url_to_image_1","url":"url_to_destination_1"},
      {
    "img":"url_to_image_2","url":"url_to_destination_2"},
      {
    "img":"url_to_image_3","url":"url_to_destination_3"}

With such a system if the JSON is malformed or that the information submitted is incorrect no banner will be displayed.

This proposal aims to significantly improve this functionality, many guilds would be able to make several banners that would point to specific url, especially for multigaming guilds that display rankings on several games running.

In addition, this function allow hosters to disseminate information about games (contests, events, results of Arena matches, patch notes ect ect ...) or any service upgrade.

If you could add this suggestion at the same time, host banner feature would be the best of the best
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...rovider-option

Thank you!

Toine

Hey,

I can have a PHP (or other language) that outputs an image and point TS banner to it. The disadvantage is that ts3 grows the cache larger and larger with this PHP method.

The other one is to use RbMod to dinamically edit TS's settings and change banner and link of the server.
    You can also use TS3 PHP Framework for this.

Currently i use cronjob to make this work but native support is the best way, in addition, this method flood the main chat what bothers clients.

I dont understand why the TeamSpeak Team is recusant to add this or similar feature.

When people is forced to hack away for a native functionality so that it is used in a better way is that it might be time to update this feature.

I do not care that the data be received in JSON, XML or another, but it would be nice if this feature allow us to have a better management of these damn banner ...

Thread Information