Forum

Teamspeak Banner(GIF) Problem

Allright I'm having quite some issues with Teamspeaks that have a GIF in their banner now for some reason after X time the gif stops and it reloads, however i have quite a bad connection, so whenever the gif reloads it'l use 100% of my connection to do so and ill get a massive in-game lag spike, considering the intervals are about 30s this really hits my gaming experience.

What i mean by banner is that unlike channel gifs i can't just change the selected channel and not see nor reload the gif, i always see it and it always reloads

Now i've tried disabling "GIF SUPPORT" in Teamspeak options but this doesn't affect the banner.

So I'm wondering if anyone has a possible solution to this problem, i mean having to ask people to turn off a gif banner just for 1 person seems a bit stupid if i can solve this.

Thanks in advance

Ex

Quote Originally Posted by Exeon View Post
    Allright I'm having quite some issues with Teamspeaks that have a GIF in their banner now for some reason after X time the gif stops and it reloads,
    It seems to be an option in the server. Verify that in "Edit Virtual Server" --> "Host" tab --> "Host Banner" Section --> "Gfx Interval" should be 0 (any other value from 0 indicates the number of seconds for reloading the banner).

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    It seems to be an option in the server. Verify that in "Edit Virtual Server" --> "Host" tab --> "Host Banner" Section --> "Gfx Interval" should be 0 (any other value from 0 indicates the number of seconds for reloading the banner).
    Do i need permissions to modify this? as I'm only a normal user on said teamspeak

Quote Originally Posted by Exeon View Post
    Do i need permissions to modify this? as I'm only a normal user on said teamspeak
    Yes, you need permission for that. You can "see" the value and if it's not zero then you should contact with an admin and "negotiate" the change to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Yes, you need permission for that. You can "see" the value and if it's not zero then you should contact with an admin and "negotiate" the change to zero.
    Thanks for the help this seems to solve my issue for now

Thread Information