Forum

Could not resolve the host name

Hello Dear TeamSpeak users

I have a problem and that is that I do not come with a host address on my TS server .. Can you fix this or is this normal? He shows me "Could not resolve the host name" Oh, i have Teamspeak Adroid.

Translated by Google

Quote Originally Posted by .:[email protected]:. View Post
    I have a problem and that is that I do not come with a host address on my TS server .. Can you fix this or is this normal? He shows me "Could not resolve the host name"
    You should indicate the address and port (if was the case) that fails in your client.

Also, Can you connect to the public server voice.teamspeak.com ?

I can connect it to this address. my server runs on my PC. Here the host address of my TS server: multicultural-gaming.noip.me

Translated by Google

I can connect it to this address. my server runs on my PC. Here the host address of my TS server: multicultural-gaming.noip.me
    You connect to the public server --> Your Android device and your internet connection are ready for use Teamspeak

Your server runs in your PC --> If you are using your wi-fi connection for your Android device maybe you should use the local IP of the server (the LAN IP, it uses to be something like 192.168.x.y) instead of the public IP (the WAN IP, in your case the *.noip.me you indicate)

The address of your server is multicultural-gaming.noip.me --> something is wrong here because the address name is not resolved in the internet so the final IP can't be found so no client can't connect.

Questions:
    a) Are you sure the server is running? If you have a TS3 client running in the same PC as the server, can you connect to the server indicating localhost as server address?

b) Are you sure the address name multicultural-gaming.noip.me is correct and is really activated from your noip account?

c) Can some friend of you connect from internet to your server?.

There are two lines:
    line 1: The address name you have indicated doesn't resolve a final IP

line 2: Once the address name resolves a final IP the server must be running

Sry i mean multikulti-gaming.noip.me the Translator form Google translated it..

Sry i mean multikulti-gaming.noip.me the Translator form Google translated it..
    Ok, don't worry.

Iv'e connected to the server with my PC Client and my Tablet Android. So the previous 3 "questions" are solved.

At home, maybe you are using your own wi-fi connection for the Android device and maybe your router doesn't allow using the WAN IP (in your case the *.noip.me you indicate) for connecting to a LAN IP (a local IP, usually something like 192.168.x.y).

In short: If you have the server running at home you know its local IP (it's the IP you have indicated in the router for the port-forwarding), so ... when you are at home, use the Local IP instead of the addressname. You can have two entries in the Android bookmarks, one for "Out of home" and other for "At home".

Note: If this don't resolve your issue, you should give more information about the connection you use at home.
    Last edited by PotaBlava; June 3rd, 2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Note added:

Hello Dear TeamSpeak users

I have a problem and that is that I do not come with a host address on my TS server .. Can you fix this or is this normal? He shows me "Could not resolve the host name" Oh, i have Teamspeak Adroid.

Translated by Google
    Thanks to PotaBlava that he tried to help, he gave me the tip to add some information.

So I have a internet connection via cable television goes to I have a certain box and although the Thomson THG 540K.

In addition, it is possible for me when I connect my phone to my PC I still get into the internet with my phone.

Are there people, perhaps also from Germany that can help me?

Translated by Google

Thread Information