Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

[Beta Channel] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.15

This update fixes numerous bugs, most notably bugs related to BBCode that could freeze or lag clients and otherwise make the chat unavailable. Furthermore several bugs that caused certain valid BBCodes to no longer work have been fixed.
    We also did a few changes on how updates work. From now on the updater will first update itself and then update the actual client, this has numerous advantages, such as us being able to deploy changes to the updater itself much more easily and faster.

We've also introduced an option to participate in Beta Channel updates, you can find it in Settings -> Options -> Application -> Update Channel.
    So once you installed this beta version, you will be able to toggle the channel from within the Options Dialog.

IMPORTANT! Please note, that due to the changes involved, you will NOT be able to downgrade to the stable client anymore after installing this version!
    DO NOT attempt to downgrade as it will most likely leave you with a broken installation as well as broken settings!

Please note that the Plugin SDK Headers and Examples are no longer included in the download and need to be downloaded separately from our downloads page should you need them. The existing pluginsdk folders and zip file will be deleted upon updating to this version. During the Beta Stage the PluginSDK can be found here

As usual the complete changelog can be found below:

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.15 11 Jun 2014

beta2
    * Updated openssl to 1.0.1h
    - Fixed timestamp field in chat. Some digits were interpreted wrong.
    - Fixed package installer. Some addons could not be uncompressed.
    - Fixed quotation marks surrounding news ticker in updater on Linux and OS X

beta1
    + Overhauled update system. General goals are to reduce download size and allow
      the updater to update itself before updating the client.
    + Two-step update ensures that the updater can update itself before updating
      the TeamSpeak client. This way we can deploy changes to the updater more 
      quickly.
    + Updater copies itself to temp folder and then runs from there, thus we no
      longer have issues with the updater not being able to update files because they
      are currently used by the system.
    + Added binary patching to the updater for a faster and much smaller download
    + Compressed update files with lzma instead of gzip to further reduce size
    + Added update channel selection to Options dialog (Applications page) to make
      it easier to switch to beta channel. No more update.ini editing required.
    + URLs will now be written into their own database named urls.db. The old urls.dat
      will be converted and deleted. If the converter finds a broken url in the
      urls.dat, the file will be discarded and a clean database will be created.
    * Simplified Updater UI, removed some useless functions (Start/Changelog)
    * Updated bundled Overwolf installer
    * Multiple fixes and improvements to bbCode parser from 3.0.14.
    - Removed pluginsdk.zip from installer and updater. It is available again from
      our downloads page (http://teamspeak.com?page=downloads).
    - Removed mirrors.ini, mirrors are no longer being used.
    - Fixed broken date and time displays (bans, temp passwords, messages, logs
      etc). This was an oversight when switching from Qt 4 to 5.
    - Fixed currently typing pen in chat not showing to other users.
    - Fixed delay after applying changes in some pages of the Options dialog,
      especially noticeable in Applications page.
    - Fixed adding bans not working with some Unicode characters in nicknames.
    - Fixed some tooltips which changed with Qt5.
    - Fixed temporary passwords table header which broke with Qt5.
    - Fixed disabling max user spinboxes in channel edit dialog.
    - Fixed icon scaling when loading from folder.
    - Removed icon when moving a spacer.
    - The profile and whisperlist name is now limited to 60 characters.
    - Fixed an icon in filebrowser.
    - Fixed website invitation for OSX.
    - Fixed ts3link if a file or a folder name contains whitespace.
    - Fixed client freeze and lag when loading chat history.
    - Fixed permission table header which broke with Qt5.
    - Fixed package installer which broke with Qt5.
    To join the TeamSpeak beta channel, go to the TeamSpeak 3 Client installation folder and create a file "update.ini" with this content:
    Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true
    Last edited by dante696; June 13th, 2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: changelog added

Updated, and turned off LUA plugin. Will see how it goes.

New update channel option allows reverting to Stable as expected, but if I check for updates it wants to downgrade me from 3.0.15 to 3.0.14. My understanding is this is not wanted due to config changes. Perhaps there should be a no rollback flag somewhere so if you set to Stable it will not rollback from beta to stable if the current beta has no rollback set. So until a stable version is newer than the installed beta it acts like there is no update.
    Last edited by Screech; June 4th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    New update channel option allows reverting to Stable as expected, but if I check for updates it wants to downgrade me from 3.0.15 to 3.0.14. My understanding is this is not wanted due to config changes. Perhaps there should be a no rollback flag somewhere so if you set to Stable it will not rollback from beta to stable if the current beta has no rollback set. So until a stable version is newer than the installed beta it acts like there is no update.
    Yes, it allows you to do that, hence the big huge red warning in the announcement to not even attempt to. This is a beta and there are risks involved if you don't follow instructions. It's your own risk and if you care about your installation, identities and settings you won't be doing that. This Beta is a one way upgrade.

Nothing needs to be changed, it's beta for a reason. Not to mention that downgrades are never supported and always carry a risk of stuff breaking.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is a beta and there are risks involved if you don't follow instructions. It's your own risk and if you care about your installation, identities and settings you won't be doing that.
    Due to this risk , I think that the new "Channel Update" selector should be placed in "Security" instead of "Application".

It is not a security setting though as it is an application level setting. Plus you can always manually backup your TS3Client folder from %appdata% if you want to downgrade. It is not that big of a deal.

Will there be a new server version to match the new client when it gets released, or a new server version any time soon? That interests me the most I think. I am trying out the client though to see what I think.

We also think, that the beta/stable setting has nothing to do with security.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    Will there be a new server version to match the new client when it gets released, or a new server version any time soon? That interests me the most I think. I am trying out the client though to see what I think.
    Hello Off-topic. This client dont needs a new server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information