Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Three Quick Questions

Hello all, I have just three quick questions that I cannot stop thinking of. Mainly because I Dont know how to fix these

1. How to make it so a someone that has a specific server group cant give themself talk power
    2. How to restrict everyones channel typing permission threw channel permissions
    3. Whats the permission group to let certain server groups edit channel permissions (Join,sub)

Thanks and have a great day,
    Regards,
    Devon Obrien

1. Remove the permission "Grant Talk Power" (b_client_set_flag_talker)

2. Please rephrase the question - I don't quite understand what you want to do.

3. Several things are required. First of all: "View List of Channel Permissions" (b_virtualserver_channel_permission_list), then the clients need a "Channel Permission Modify Power" (i_channel_permission_modify_power) higher than or equal to the "Needed Channel Permission Modify Power" (i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power) of the channel they are trying to edit, they need a GRANT permission on the permissions they are supposed to edit (eg. for editing the required join power, they need a Grant value on "Needed Channel Join Power") and as a last thing they need a "Permission Modify Power" (i_permission_modify_power) higher than or equal to the GRANT values (don't put this value higher than required!).

Just to complete the list above I would like to mention the names of the grant permissions. Some people might want to edit this via telnet and will therefore require the permission names.
    A grant permission always starts with "i_needed_modify_power_" and goes on with the permission name without the leading "i_" or "b_".
    Example: Grant permission of i_channel_join_power is: "i_needed_modify_power_channel_join_power".

So What I am trying to say for Question 2 is,

Lets say all of Teamspeak support team was in one channel. And you guys are spamming the channel so much. Can I edit the channel permission so you guys cant type in the channel anymore.

----------Channel Permissions

I did what you said it is not working. Would I be able to give you the TS IP and give you perms to help?
    Last edited by Pillsbury; June 5th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.

Yes, you can, if you go to the channel permissions screen and select the channel you want to do it in. Add b_client_channel_textmessage_send but untick it and tick the negate flag to make sure it is not overwritten,

Quote Originally Posted by itteam View Post
    Yes, you can, if you go to the channel permissions screen and select the channel you want to do it in. Add b_client_channel_textmessage_send but untick it and tick the negate flag to make sure it is not overwritten,
    That is not working. With b_client_channel_textmessage_send , there is no negate flag. Im in ASQ Also

Quote Originally Posted by Pillsbury View Post
    Im in ASQ Also
    You've ruined your server.
    This thread is now closed, no need for support.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information