Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power on channel

Hi there!

I was trying to set up a working channel, so that people can't bother me. I tried to set "Needed Private Textmessage Power" to 100 in the channel permission window, but it doesn't work. I'm 100% sure, the client that tried to PM me had insufficient permission but he still PMed me. How is that possible?

You being an admin, you most likely have the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions permission assigned to (one of) your server group(s), which makes any channel permissions have no effect on you. As such you don't actually have the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power, which makes it so that you have 0 and thus the other clients can still PM you.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Oh yea, you're right! Totally forgot about that, thank you Chris!

BTW, as far as I know, you can't create a channel with needed text message power, right? So that only admins can use the channel chat. I know it was possible some time ago, but seems like it's not working anymore.

It would be possible if you don't have the global skip enabled, though depending on your situation that might cause other problems for you.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information