Forum

No connection to Localhost or 127.0.0.1

Hi,

I just installed the TS server following this guide:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ndows-desktops

So I got the Login name and password as well the Server Admin Token.

In the guide I have to run the TS client on the same machine to connect to the Server.

So I run the server and open the TS Client. then I type in localhost and any nickname and also the password. But I can't login I just get a Failed to connect to server that's it. as it's local Firewall should not be a problem anyway I have the inbound ports forwarded and to be sure I simply disabled the fw for all 3 places (Private, Public and Domain) I forgot to mention this is an installation on a Windows server 2012.

I have tried to access with localhost:9987 and 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.1:9987 but all without any success.

I really don't get why, especially because I don't get an error log that explains where the problem is. I even tried to connect from an other station that is in same Vlan and not behind an additional Firewall using the Lan IP of the hosting server but still the same.

Could anybody help me with this please?

Thank you

Frank

This will not work, when your serveris bound to a IP. <- As an example, everything else is just a guess without details given.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi,

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

My server doesn't need to have a static Public IP in order that I can connect to the Localhost.

or do you mean a static internal IP, in that case it also makes no sense, because in order to forward ports correctly, you have to set a static IP on the computer/server or make a MAC reservation on the DHCP either on the server or on the router depending on your setup.

He want to say, that without seeing your server configuration/logs, it's not possible to give any answers that could help your problem.

ah ok,

Tell me what you need and I will provide. I can't provide all that is an enormous information mass. So please tell me what parts you need and I will do my best to provide you asap

Server and client are running on the same WinServ2012 box?

Hi yes but just for testing as it's mentioned in the installation guide I gave in the first post. After finalizing it should be a normal setup allowing clients from outside the LAN to connect using the Public static IP.

Do you have more than one network adapter? Have you set TS3 in its config to only listen on one of the server's IPs?

Hi,

Actually as I'm using this in a VM and there are always at least 2 adapters as soon you're in bridged mode, I can tell you YES BUT As I'm not even able to join locally this shouldn't be the reason, but anyway, I will not try to install it on my Production Server on Hyper-V instead in VMWare and I try to fix it. I just finished installing Exchange and will keep you updated if I have the same problem

That was what I tried to send you yesterday, in the mean time I finished to install on the 2012 server, configured my firewalls and router the same way now pointing to the 2012 server and all works like a charm.

So it seems to be a problem with VMWare (certainly only my configuration) because now I'm at Hyper-V and all works fine

But just in case, where do I setup in TS3 to which IP he should listen?

thank you all for helping me.

Wfr Frank

Thread Information