Forum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayaku View Post
    May I ask why TeamSpeak servers with no license can't be capped at 64 rather than 32? I couldn't find the answer and I think that it would greatly decrease number of NPL's needed. Nowadays TeamSpeak is used by way more people and it's quite easy to gather more than 32 people at one server.
    This is what I would have posted.

Just increase the free version to 64 (or 50) slots. If you take a common WoW guild, raiding time, 25 members on Teamspeak, plus like 10 people who are playing something else and your server is already full. Then the same guild has to apply for a NPL to use maybe 50 slots out of 512.

You could say, why not get a server from an ATHP reseller? Well, those cost money. TS3 runs on a cheap vserver which is also capable of hosting a website, small game servers and whatnot.

since my topic about this got deleted because it got the word b********d in it... so i will write the related/important part here..

The Gaming/free <-> Business License Gap:

if we say a gaming guild needs a 100 slot server the ATHP price is around
    $24.95 (gameservers.com)
    $31.54 (multiplaygameservers.com)
    25$ is almost the full monthly cost for normal clans (website, VPS with gameserver)

NPL registration is strict recently and the free 32 slot servers are too small gamers left with no choice

the cheapest license is 30$/year i quote:
    "For companies who utilize TeamSpeak but are not in the business of selling (renting) servers to others."

30$ for a 32 slot any MMO guild can fill it these days so what about gaming communities ??

the best fix would be a new license something like a one time fee NPL like license something like 256/1 vServer or cheaper AAL license for non-business related server.

Is there anywhere that we can inform and notice the IP's which use crack license, they should be blacklisted I opened a thread for one IP but is there any form that we can fill and send directly for blacklisting ?

Thanks a lot.

report it to the support here open a ticket to the piracy department
    https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...Tickets/Submit

Ok I have send a ticket but it says if I don't have a license my ticket will be ignored ?

I have a server with 32 slot and I dont need any license, so can't I send ticket ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    NPL registration is strict recently
    How it is strict? I don't see much of a change. Yes, it was reduced from 10 to 2 servers. But that's only because too many people started to use "unused" slots to host servers for other poeple, which is against licensing terms. And note, they didn't remove NPL license entirely, only changed the capacity to be more in line with general use case it is intended for.
    If your website does not have any crap on it, you'll almost certainly get an approval.

well registration is closed most of the time and it takes ages to get approval also any sort donation button is a direct reason to get denied (and that is how most of gaming clans survive)

so a license in the middle will be great for this kind of usage

well registration is closed most of the time and it takes ages to get approval also any sort donation button is a direct reason to get denied (and that is how most of gaming clans survive)

Suppose answer to that is simple. If your clan has donations then you can afford to spent some money for quality teamspeak3 service from some ATHP as teamspeak systems probably states between lines.
    I do understand that clan can still be non-profit, but you know, if I say I want beer now, that can be in less than 5seconds but as you hear it behind the bar to you it might mean in 5minutes....(so non-profit and non-profit can be defined differently)

Hell even laws can be interpreted differently by different people ... that's why we use courts, if they are any use in your country that is

read my post above a 100 slot from a ATHP cost as much as or more than most clans spend per month if thy got there own gameservers and website and those who don't like MMO guilds etc.. 25$ is like 3~6 months payment for there forums/site etc..
    on ATHP you cant use Bots/scripts what makes teamspeak the best gaming voice system is the flexibility

"Quality teamspeak3" =/= ATHP

So, wait a bit... You expect them to work hard for free?
    They already have to deal with all the people, who can't connect two words without a profanity in the middle, much less - to install and run server without detailed instruction on how to touch keys on keyboard. (And if suddenly they have a different keyboard, than is used in instruction, it's yet another reason to complain to support.)
    The prices are what they are. If you absolutely NEED TS3, you'll get it. If you still don't have it, then your need for it isn't high enough.

and thats EXACTLY why i said we need a paid middle ground license so teamseak don't have to to deal with all of that for free..
    and make it easier for people who don't need a manual to use a keyboard to get there servers up and running

we got an NPL since 3+ years now for free public server.. it recently got revoked and now we are stuck waiting to get it sorted with the support or be forced to buy a business license even tho we don't have a business or... pay around 60$~70$/mo to get a 250 slot server from ATHP where you can host it your self and make that 70$/year

And that's EXACTLY why prices are where they are. If they lower prices, they'll just have to work harder for the same price.
    If you never worked in tech support, let's just drop this discussion. You know nothing of the subject.

Dont forget that Teamspeak Systems is a company, and the goal of (nearly) all companies is to make money.
    Also, they are in no way obliged to offer free licenses, its their decision if they do or not.
    That npl is closes mostly is due the high amount of npl requests and piracy issues.

TeamSpeak could easily fight piracy. Everytime a server is started with a license, it registers its IP and license with the licensing server. Whenever a client is reported or (because the number can be manipulated) sees more than 32 clients, it asks the licensing server if the IP is registered. Of course, this doesn't make sense for 192.168.0.0/16.

@numma_cway +1

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    If you never worked in tech support, let's just drop this discussion. You know nothing of the subject.
    i did and i totally understand your point and am totally with you...

but lets not forget these self hosted servers are what driving this community without it we wouldn't have the Bots like Rmod or JTS or YATQA the best (if not the only functional query app) i quote from this topic:

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    YaTQA has always been my “Thank you” for the existence of the NPL and its generous limits. Since the announcement, I no longer consider the NPL limits (and downgrading the licenses of long-time users) worth another three-year/thousand-hour thank you. So that's basically it for the development on the free version of YaTQA.
    its not our (long-time users) fault that the support is getting stupid requests...

Thread Information