Forum

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    As suggested by ScP earlier in the thread you quoted, I asked if I could get a license and was told to get one soon.

Congratz
    but my point is the self hosted server owners are the ones driving the community

maybe i didn't build a great program like YATQA or reported a major bug but am here since 3 years helping when i can but today is may 7th day waiting for help... and i have no idea whats next will i get help from TS or be forced to pay a little fortune for a business license even tho i don't have a business or even a donation button for my server

teamspeak staff is tired of the stupid tickets for free? sure fair enough i totally understand... provide us a paid option for non business related usage so we can get our servers up and running

Deliberately or not, your calculation is off.
    If you want to self-host, you can do so with the AAL (provided you follow license terms): 128 Slots is only $100/year, 256 is only $175/year. If you break that down, it's $8.34/mo for 128 Slots or $14.58/mo for 256 slots.
    Last edited by Chris; August 25th, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

You've got to ask yourself, how much sense PayPal makes. If PayPal or accepting public (!) donations really makes sense for your clan, then an AAL should really be in the limits. This is especially true if you are having to ask for donations because your servers cost so much money.

I know that I do accept donations for YaTQA, but when I started doing that, I stopped TS-based support. After receiving some donations, I considered getting an AAL from the money, but soon the AAL was reduced to 2 virtual servers, which wouldn't allow sufficent testing. So I asked for the special license.

I didn't checked the AAL pricing until now, but they looks very affordable. My private hosting costs the same. If I ever need TS for more than 1 32 slot server, I will consider AAL. Even though I qualify for NPL, as my sites don't have commerce, ads or donation buttons…

As Chris said if you think TS is expensive, compare it with other voice chat software like Ventrilo which IS expensive, both getting a license or renting.
    You can also try and install Mumble if you like, its free.

Usually the most difficult part of getting AAL I'd say it is because you need to pay yearly.
    I almost didn't have time to get mine, I ended asking teamspeak to extend by some days the limit because I was going to receive funds to my Paypal

I have 3 vservers right now.
    1)Family
    2)German Gaming Friends
    3)English Gaming Friends

I dont need 512 slots on 2 vservers, I just wish I could get something like 5 vserver with 160 total slots.
    That way I could keep my 3 servers with something like 10, 50, 100 slots.

I really hope something about the new NPL will change because I dont want close any of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by darkj View Post
    I have 3 vservers right now.
    1)Family
    2)German Gaming Friends
    3)English Gaming Friends

I dont need 512 slots on 2 vservers, I just wish I could get something like 5 vserver with 160 total slots.
    That way I could keep my 3 servers with something like 10, 50, 100 slots.

I really hope something about the new NPL will change because I dont want close any of the 3.
    Suggestion:
    Why don't you put it all in one, while separating users with channels+channel groups(or not separating it at all). Based on those numbers you have small userbase. One benefit, you don't have to keep open 3 tabs.
    Besides I doubt, one of those groups would care about more channels(or what is in them) and maybe bigger servergroup list for icons/tags your eng/ger gaming friends want.

I have server where there is group of one my friend playing games and talking(migrated from ventrilo btw). Sometimes other countries friends of myne show up.
    My server is listed as well. Sometimes random people show in, but there are precautions taken(Guest vs Normal).
    It is not like internet is full of animals, have a little confidence/faith in those you surround yourself with.

Back in the glory of "old layout" so called official teamspeak3 server had I was also in channels of language I don't speak just to chat(sometimes talk) a bit with a friend. None seen it as a problem then. None of people from channel I was usually in or the one I just visited.
    Last edited by Tomas; August 31st, 2014 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Cover checking slot count / license type, if "No license" and more than 32 slots, illegal. If NPL and more than 512, illegal. If NPL and they are paying or asked to pay anything, illegal. If their server appears to be illegal instruct them on how to report the server address to you for review. Some users on those server will realize the server they are using is illegal and they didn't even know it. Stop blacklist evasion by editing data on client systems, have TS3 client review the address it gets for the blacklist server and if it looks really wrong (you would know) have the client reject connecting to any server.
    Thats all fine and well, except when you know that there are people running "seemingly" licensed servers that are in fact pirated. They exist, I have seen them. "Licensed" servers with 12345678 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    Thats all fine and well, except when you know that there are people running "seemingly" licensed servers that are in fact pirated. They exist, I have seen them. "Licensed" servers with 12345678 slots.
    I know there are as you say pirated servers that have not been blacklisted yet. I think the best way to fight them is to educate the users of the software about determining if the server they are using is pirated and how to report it if they suspect it is. Then the piracy team doesn't have to hunt so much and just review the reports, some will be false reports, but those should be easy to see and move on from quickly.

Was that change actually done? I was looking forward to the outcry, but I didn't see any.

Only if your/the NPL was renewed after Dec 6th.

All NPL renewals after December 6, 2014 will be issued a 2 server/512 slot license.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I know that that was annouced, I just doubt it was actually done.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    I know that that was annouced, I just doubt it was actually done.
    See this
    Code:
    2014-12-09 03:42:26.146576|INFO |Accounting | | starting date : Mon Dec 8 00:00:00 2014
    2014-12-09 03:42:26.146623|INFO |Accounting | | ending date : Mon Jun 8 00:00:00 2015
    2014-12-09 03:42:26.146667|INFO |Accounting | | max virtualservers: 2
    2014-12-09 03:42:26.146709|INFO |Accounting | | max slots : 512
    taken from this post http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...171#post398171

Thread Information