Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Post Permission Documentation, clarification and adjustments

I noticed a few inaccuracies in the permissiondoc.txt of the current server installation.

As always tested on fresh install with basic server groups.

Adding and Removing Clients to/from Groups
    ------------------------------------------
    Additionally for either removing or adding a client from or into a group your i_client_permission_modify_power must be greater or equal to the clients i_client_needed_permission_modify power.

Created an empty server group, so that two guests can add and remove from each other. No problem.
    Adjust the "guest" server group to have additional i_client_needed_permission_modify and as expected cannot add/remove empty test group. However still able to changed channel groups.

Conclusion: This applies to server groups only, but not Channel groups.

Adding, Removing and Editing Permissions
    ----------------------------------------
    All of the following questions need to be answered with “Yes” when adding, removing or editing a permission on any layer:
    1. Does the editing client have a Grant-Power for the concerned permission with a value that is not zero?
    2. Is the editing client's i_permission_modify_power greater or equal to the Grant-Power for the concerned permission of the editing client?
    3. When editing i_group_modify_power, is the new value smaller or equal to the i_group_modify_power of the editing client?
    4. When editing i_permission_modify_power, is the new value smaller or equal to the i_permission_modify_power of the editing client?
    5. When editing a i_needed_modify_power_* permission (also called Grant-Permission), is the new value smaller or equal to the editing clients
    Grant-Power of the permission in question?

When making an administrator's skeleton key server group (the essential permissions in order to add/edit all permissions the default "Server Admin" currently has access to I found another bug in the permission doc.

No mention of i_channel_modify_power as this can only granted similar to the other modify powers. Perhaps a re-edit:

ThunderOrigin Edit:
    1. Does the editing client have a Grant-Power for the concerned permission with a value that is not zero?
    2. Is the editing client's i_permission_modify_power greater or equal to the Grant-Power for the concerned permission of the editing client?
    3. When editing a i_needed_modify_power_* permission (also called Grant-Permission), is the new value smaller or equal to the editing clients Grant-Power of the permission in question?
    4. When editing modify powers, is the new value smaller or equal to the specific relevent modify power of the editing client?
    4.a. When editing i_group_modify_power, is the new value smaller or equal to the i_group_modify_power of the editing client?
    4.b. When editing i_permission_modify_power, is the new value smaller or equal to the i_permission_modify_power of the editing client?
    4.c. When editing i_channel_modify_power, is the new value smaller or equal to the i_channel_modify_power of the editing client?

Hope this helps people.
    Last edited by ThunderOrigin; June 16th, 2017 at 08:21 PM.

For the first thing: Channel Groups are affected by Channel Groups. Unless you have Skip.

Sorry I don't follow what you are referring to in this case. Yes generally, I know skip permissions ignores channel/channel-groups/ channel client permission tiers.

Though this is not what I was pointing out, and as said, this was tested on a fresh install server, with default groups. Ie a Guest (server) + Channel admin (channel), changing channel group on another Guest (server) identity with just the adjusted i_client_needed_permission_modify of 1 on the server group. Channel groups does not require this check, but server groups do.
    Last edited by ThunderOrigin; June 19th, 2017 at 03:14 AM.

Thread Information