Forum

TeamSpeak Server being overtaken

Hello, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me here.

There is a guy that joned and he manage to give himself the top admin, he then proceeded to remove everyone from the admin groups, luckily I had an admin server query so was able to ban him using a server query tool and restore order.

Today his friend joined presumably with the same hack and did the same and deleted all the bans so they could join back, I banned them both again the same way but I have a feeling they'll come back and cause chaos if I'm not here.

Here is an image of the server log highlighted from where it starts.
    Name:  TSlog.png
Views: 621
Size:  170.3 KB
    As you can see they are just added, when they joined the server they were only guests, that is the only group they had, when I join as a guest I cannot add myself to that group and look at permissions overview of myself on my admin account I have no 'add power'

So could someone please tell me how else it can be done other than a hack tool? Thank you

Sorry if it is something painfully obvious.

My server version is 3.0.10.3

Check your permissions, even they "had no power to do this", they probably had by not setting "needed_powers" on your groups.
    If you read the permission doc, which is included in the server, you should have found, that int permissions (those with a number) have two values, a "power" value and a "needed_power" value. Only if the power is >= the needed_power you can do the action.

Perms to check on your groups:
    Code:
    i_group_member_add_power
    i_group_needed_member_add_power
    i_group_member_remove_power
    i_group_needed_member_remove_power
    i_client_permission_modify_power
    i_client_needed_permission_modify_power

Hello, the 'needed' perms have 75 and the others are removed, I have tried myself to do it in every way I could think of and still haven't done and asked multiple people to do it also so I am still clueless, I can't even see server groups when I am set as 'Guest' which is what they were.

Check if those powers are granted on channel level and check what member_powers your channel groups have.

Just checked all them and nothing any different, channel groups have add power but only a power of 30 but all admin groups require at least 50+, no channels grant any power to anyone so that doesn't effect people either, they only managed to do this in the lobby anyways so I checked that for myself and couldn't do it.

Did you check client permissions / channel client permissions too? Are they "new" users or former staff users?
    Did you have any unused tokens? (check log, if enabled, for usage)

Yeah I checked that too but nothing there would give them powers. They are both new users, the first one did it and then his friend joined and did the same thing and unbanned the original person.

I don't have any tokens created but I know creating tokens or using them should show up in the logs which they didn't.

I have still been trying to do it as a guest but to no success so I am still very confused to how they did it.

I suggest using this video in order to get the problem fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDzk2KbYcVk

Thread Information