Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JTSDNS - TSDNS alternative with MySQL

-= Information =-
    This is an TSDNS alternative using MySQL as database. In addition to this it also saves to database how often a hostname was requested and the last requested time. Just import the jtsdns.sql to your MySQL database and, if you want, create your own website that adds or edit the entries in that JTSDNS table. The names of the columns are quite self explaining. Like the real TSDNS application wildcards at hostnames are supported.

It can still have bugs, but some users use it already on a server without problems. For more information about the usage, just look in the readme.txt.

-= System requirements =-
    This program runs on Windows and Linux (even without X server). On Mac OS X 10.4+ it should run too, but it is not tested.
    Please send me a message if this program runs on Mac OS X without problems.
    All you need is a Java SE runtime environment version 5 or newer.
    You can get the latest version from www.java.com or http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html
    Mac OS X 10.4 or newer users should have it already installed.
    Linux users should install the package openjdk-8-jre-headless / java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless.
    On older linux you can also use sun-java5-jre, sun-java6-jre, openjdk-7-jre or java-1.7.0-openjdk.
    An example on Debian or Ubuntu: apt-get install openjdk-8-jre-headless
    An example on CentOS or Fedora -21: yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless
    An example on Fedora 22+: dnf install java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless
    An example on OpenSUSE: zypper install java-1_8_0-openjdk-headless
    The package gcj-jre (GNU Java) will not work!

Maybe you want to limit the maximum ram that JTSDNS use. This can be useful on a virtual server.
    You can do this by using java command line arguments for the java virtual machine.
    If you want to use 30 MB ram as maximum, you can start JTSDNS like this:
    java -mx30M -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar
    Notice: If you choose a to low value, JTSDNS may not run or is not stable. I did no long time tests on this.

-= Documentation =-
    Readme file and changelog - readme.txt

-= Download =-
    Newest version: download
    Last edited by Stefan1200; June 15th, 2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: text update

New version of JTSDNS with logfile writing support and an updated documentation.

Good job! I would gladly use that thingy if it wasn't for Java... I'm currently using my own Python based TSDNS implementation as I needed IPv6, but it lacks database support...

Version 1.1 Final (16.06.2014) - Updated release on 12.09.2014
    Small update, made MySQL table column hostname unique. Should give you a performance boost on big JTSDNS tables.
    Update your existing table using the following MySQL command:

Code:
    ALTER TABLE `jtsdns` ADD UNIQUE (`hostname`)

Nice I made a functional TSDNS while learning java, but had a small bug which at the time I didn't know how to solve and never went back to it again.

Suggestion: On my version I had planned failover tsdns.

Have a separate thread run each secs/mins a ping to the TSDNS targets, if the main dies, goes to a failover IP.

@ScP the tsdns responds in ipv6 and answers ipv4?

Quote Originally Posted by barricas View Post
    Suggestion: On my version I had planned failover tsdns.

Have a separate thread run each secs/mins a ping to the TSDNS targets, if the main dies, goes to a failover IP.
    And who changes the DNS entry? Running a JTSDNS on two servers with the same MySQL server (or a second replicated MySQL server) is not the problem and is less CPU consuming without PING stuff in JTSDNS. But the TSDNS requests have to find its way to the failover server, which is the task of the DNS, in my opinion.

It could be a failover IP column where if the main is down the TSDNS would start responding with the failover one. Now, if the TS3 Client re-queries TS DNS after connection lost, I don't remember!

Jtsdns 1.2

New release:

Quote Originally Posted by readme.txt
    Version 1.2 Final (26.10.2015)
    + New way to create a Windows Service of the JTSDNS. Now it is possible to stop JTSDNS by stopping the service.
    This new way is also compatible with Windows 10 (and should be also compatible with Windows 8, 8.1, Server 2012 and 2012 R2).
    Check out the tools directory! Thanks to the team behind the tool procrun from Apache Commons!
    o Logfile path value can contain the variable %apphome% now which will be replaced with the environment variable app.home.
    app.home will be set while starting the JTSDNS as a Windows service created by my script.
    But you can also set this app.home variable while adding the argument -Dapp.home=PATH_TO_JTSDNS while starting the JTSDNS.
    If no app.home environment variable exists, it will be replaced with an empty string.
    o Recreated JTSDNS Windows executables with the current version of Launch4j (because of bugfixes).
    o Updated MySQL Connector/J to version 5.1.36.
    See first post for download link and more information.
    Last edited by Stefan1200; October 28th, 2015 at 12:30 PM.

Jtsdns 1.3

New release:

Quote Originally Posted by readme.txt
    Version 1.3 Final (28.08.2016)
    + Added optional MySQL Connector settings to the config file (settings about compression and encryption of the MySQL connections).
    - Bugfix: JTSDNS is now compatible with the new Teamspeak version 3.1. (thx to BigBear)
    o JTSDNS version will be printed to log file after starting JTSDNS.
    o Updated MySQL Connector/J to version 5.1.39.

New release:

Version 1.4 Final (06.12.2016)
    + Added experimental IPv6 compatibility for TS3 client version 3.1. Please report errors to me.
    + Added hostname resolving, because the TS3 client version 3.1 only accept IP addresses.
    JTSDNS will allow using hostnames of TS3 servers, but will do a DNS resolve just before sending it to the TS3 client.
    Using this way you can continue using dynamic DNS addresses at the TSDNS service with the new TS3 client.
    o Updated MySQL Connector/J to version 5.1.40.

New release:

Version 1.4.1 Final (11.12.2016)
    - Bugfix: Don't try to resolve hostname, if no entry was found in the database.

Can anyone tell me why i cant use jtsdns anymore? i use it and it works for me but the message on the teamspeak is irritating..

Error Message on TeamSpeak:

"<22:33:51> Diese Server Konfiguration ist veraltet. Die Unterstützung für diese Konfiguration wird in Zukunft eingestellt werden.
    <22:33:51> Bitte kontaktieren Sie Ihren Server Administrator. Details finden sich in diesem Knowledge Base Artikel."

Can i use JTSDNS anymore? or i just need to setup a wildcard srv entry? Please help me

Some (yet unknown) time in the future, the Teamspeak client will not look for TSDNS name resolution any more. You will need to do name resolution via DNS only, that means you have to create A and SRV DNS records from within your DNS management panel. An extra TSDNS/JTDNS daemon will not be queried any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Some (yet unknown) time in the future, the Teamspeak client will not look for TSDNS name resolution any more. You will need to do name resolution via DNS only, that means you have to create A and SRV DNS records from within your DNS management panel. An extra TSDNS/JTDNS daemon will not be queried any more.
    As far as I know this is not completely true. You just need a SRV DNS entry to the TSDNS service.

Quote Originally Posted by http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/126583-Beta-Channel-TeamSpeak-3-Client-3-1
    5) Overhauled TSDNS
    The resolver will only look for a TSDNS server on top-level SRV records. This means that for a server name like super.fancy.teamspeak.com, the client will *ONLY* search for a TSDNS server with a SRV record named _tsdns._tcp.teamspeak.com. With this first 3.1 release we have started to dramatically improve our support for SRV records - like honoring priority and weight of SRV records - and we will continue to do so.
    So you can continue use the TSDNS (and JTSDNS) service, but you need an SRV DNS record for this.

You are right. The FAQ also says this. Sorry. If there is a _tsdns srv record, a tsdns server will still be contacted, and this is not deprecated for future clients. I overlooked this, because I consider TSDNS obsolete from the beginning and would rather see it go, because it makes server administration more difficult and gives no benefit over DNS SRV.

Thread Information